[5]

Ellie's POV
we met each other, and it was like I knew him forever ago.

i was sorry that I was becoming more of a burden to him, but he didn't seem to mind and he made me feel, I don't know how to say it, happy? yeah..

I' was more inclined to listen to him.

I knew I was underdeveloped.

My mother always said that I was just hiding in my shell.

Then Antonio drove to a restaurant.
I haven't been inside one of these since my father got fired from his job after doing alcohol and other harmful stuff.

When we had entered I saw how the lady was looking at Antonio.

I get that he is handsome but like I found it annoying so I show my disinterest by looking around, I couldn't believe that I'm living the dreams of so many people, handsome caretaker? check, luxurious life? check, and so many more ..

After we got passed the checking,
He told another woman to grab a high chair for me.

I was placed in the chair, I felt bad because I am five I shouldn't be in a highchair but I am.
The server had asked us what to drink.
I felt uncomfortable being in a public place.
So when Antonio asked me I just pointed at him.

I was hoping he would understand what I meant I didn't want to speak I was anxious.
He did understand he told the server to get me water as well.

Then he scooted closer to me and opened the kids menu for me to look at.

I realized that if I hadn't ran away from home I don't think I would ever meet this rich and handsome man.

Gosh! What am I thinking... I just want a good home, and he is too old for me.

Although he looked old to me, he had a young side to him, he must've of started young to become a rich guy, cause my father is 44 and not rich.

I had picked the pasta with cheese image.
Afterwards our drinks came, I've been studying him close while he took a sip I tried to copy him.

He hasn't said anything but I don't think he noticed either.

I was envious that other kids had parents who loved them.

I used to have that.

That was before my mother passed away.

"daddy where is mama?" I asked tugging on the hems of his pants.

"Mama is gone" my father said.

"Mama is gone? Will she back?" I asked.

"No. Mama is gone forever" my father said a bit sharper.

I found myself welling up with tears.

"This is your fault if only you would grow and then your mother wouldn't had to work so hard to get you treatment!" My father suddenly roared at me.

"This is all your fault. We should've left you at that orphanage!" He continues.

I stumbled back.

Then he slammed the door shut hard.

I had been the reason that mama was gone.

She was probably exhausted from work and from taking care of me.

I never understood what my father said about a orphanage..
I felt like a burden,
I quickly shut off the emotions that was beginning to come up to the surface.

Eventually our meal came.

I took a fork and began to eat the pasta with cheese meal.

"Ellie what's your last name?" Antonio asked.
"Locks" I replied and continued to eat, since he didn't say much and just grabbed out tons of paper.

edit: 10.31.22