CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT

CHAPTER 39

Comment my little kiwis¡!¡!

Miss. Webster, what's going on?

There has been an accident.

What kind of accident?

A car accident.

was she the victim?

yes.

was it an accident by the other driver?

yes. Completely....but it was a hit and run

Do you know who it was?

I'm afraid not.

Well is Lexi okay?

No.

Do you think she'll get better?

No.

Why not?

Lexi is dead, Katlynn.

I drop my phone on the floor of Jacob's car. Did she just say...? No. This is all a dream. This is all one very Freaked up dream. Lexi is too young to die. You don't die at the age of 17. She can't be dead. She is my only friend.

I probably just read it wrong. She probably meant the she is NOT dead? I know. I'm an idiot. I just can't believe this. It is all happening too fast.

"So, whats going on?" He asks.

"Oh nothing." I say.

"You're lying. When you lie, you cross your legs, and feet." He says.

"I don't wanna say it." I say.

"Please ?" He asks.

"Lexi..." I choke "is dead."

He keeps driving, but clenches his jaw.

"She what?" He chokes.

"Jacob..." I say, grabbing his free hand. "I'm sorry."

He pulls over, and stares forward looking sad and angry at the same time. Until a tear rolls down his cheek. His face is red, but the tears keep coming one after another. Seeing this makes me cry too.

He clenches his fists, and pulls his head onto the steering wheel. He put a his head on my shoulder, and cries into my hair. He isn't making loud noises while he cries, just crying silently. Silent crying is the worst.

"No." He says, still crying. "No. No she isn't dead."

"Jacob." I say.

He pulls off the side if the road. He starts speeding down the driveway furiously. The wheels making a loud rumble as we drive. We both have seatbelts on, but this is scary. He does this kind if stuff when he gets upset.

"Jacob!" I say.

He doesn't respond.

"JACOB!" I say louder.

He looks at me, and turns back.

"Stop!" I say, crying again. "This..."*takes breath* "This is scary."

He slows down, but doesn't stop. We are going the speed limit now. I stare at him blankly. How is he going to handle the actually hard stuff? Like the funeral or the time that you get rid if all her stuff. It only gets worse.

There is definitely no way that I am going to tell him this though, because he will only get angrier, and things could start up again. I would rather just have him relax right now and handle the hard stuff when he isn't driving.