CHAPTER TEN

Chapter 10:

"P-P-please put that down." I stuttered.

"Oh! Now you aren't talking back? Huh?" she said

I looked down at Shawn hopelessly and he started making his way up. But so did Jacob.

I looked back at the girl and before I knew it she was rising the knife. Then she chucked it at my head and I ducked. It missed me, but that didn't bother her at all because she was already jumping on top of me and scratching me and stuff.

"Woah! Stop!" Shawn said.

She just ignored him and kept on hurting me.

"STOP, JESSICA! NOW!!" Jacob shouted.

Then she instantly stopped and looked up at them. She quickly turned back to me though. She pulled out an even bigger knife with a big curved blade. Jacob was quick to react and jumped on top of me to cover my body. Jacob yelled in pain. Somebody grabbed that Jessica girl and called the cops.

Someome also pulled Jacob off of me slowly. I looked down and noticed that I was covered in blood.....a lot of blood....only it wasn't mine......It was Jacob's.

I started screaming in horror. Shawn bent down and picked me up. I just kept on screaming/crying into his shirt. I looked around at all of the people who were just kind if staring at me. I probably looked like a little kid right now. I don't care though. Jacob is probably going to die and that is because of me!

Jacob's POV

I looked up and saw Katie looking down at Shawn hopelessly. It really ticks me off that that guy asked her out! I looked over and saw Jessica with a knife. I quickly made my way up....with Shawn.

"Woah! Stop!" Shawn said.

She just ignored him.

"STOP, JESSICA! NOW!" I yelled.

She then stopped and looked up at us. But that stopped quickly. She turned back to Katie. I couldn't stand this.

I quickly jumped on top of Katie.... while Jessica's knife made its way through my flesh. I yelped in pain. Somebody pulled me off of Katie. I couldn't really tell, but I am pretty sure that I saw A LOT of blood. That was before everything went black.

Katie's POV

"Are you okay?" Shawn asked once we got to my car.

"No. I want to go to the hospital." I said.

"Why? You aren't even hurt" he said.

"I want to see Jacob. Just to make sure that he's okay." I said.

"Okay. But can I have another date tomorrow?" he asked.

"Sure." I replied.

On my way there I couldn't help but worry. I just hope that Jacob is okay. Why did he cover me? Why didn't somebody just stop her? Oh!! I feel so bad! I hate myself for letting him do that.

"Do you want to stop at Target to get some clothes?" Shawn asked.

"I didn't bring any Money." I replied.

"No, it's on me." he said.

"Sure.... Thanks." I said.

Once we got to Target I was too afraid to go in....because I was covered in blood.

"Can I just grab you some jeans and a shirt?" Shawn asked.

"Um, sure." I replied.

"K I'll be right back." Shawn said.

*********••••••••••••••••••••••********

I saw him walking out of the front doors. He had a bag that obviously was filled with clothes. He got back in the car and handed me a pair of white jeans and a off the shoulder shirt.

"Thanks." I said

"Anything for you." he said with a smile.

I just kind of sat there awkwardly. I didn't want Shawn to get jealous of Jacob. I didn't know what to talk about with Shawn. So he broke the silence.

"Are you gonna change?"

"Not here!"

"Why not?"

"Haha! Will you take me to McDonalds to change?"

"Sure."

More awkward silence.

"How come you are so worried about Jacob?" Shawn asked me.

"I don't know.. I just.... I am friends with Lexi, and I don't want her to be upset." I lied.

"Katie..."

"I promise. I like you. No one else." I said while gently kissing his cheek.

"Okay. We are almost there." he said.

"Okay." I replied.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Once I got into McDonalds I got really hungry. But i wasn't going to tell that to Shawn! I ran into the bathroom to change. Once I was done I shoved my clothes in my bag, checked my hair, and walked out.

Right when I stepped out I spotted Shawn instantly. He had a hand a hand on his hip and one on the wall. There was a girl standing in front of him. She was all giggly and flirty. He wrote down something on a small piece of paper and handed it to her. She instantly smile and leaned in for a hug. He looked around and then hugged her back. I can't believe that he did that!

"Hello, Shawn." I said with my arms crossed over my chest.

"Oh...Katie..... I didn't see you come out." he said.

"Ya, I could tell whenever you gave your number to... I looked over at the girl...... That!

"Excuse me...." she started.

"Shut up, blondie!"

"What? She is..." Shawn started, but I cut him off.

"I don't want to know who she is! How could you do this to me? After what just happened!" I cried.

"Katie, this is my cousin, Jassmine. I wrote down my adress for her because we are having our December Dinner at my NEW house this weekend." he said.

I looked at the girl and she nodded. I feel so terrible. I looked up at Shawn. There was so much innocence in his eyes.

"Shawn..." I gently put mu hand on his arm. " I am so sorry. I...It's just...." I let my words.

"I know. If I would have saw you with a guy. Whew...he would be a goner!" Shawn said.

I am so lucky that I have such a forgiving boyfriend. I just... I don?t even know! The girl was just so flirty!

"Can we go now?" I asked him.

"Sure babe, come on! Well, bye, Jassmine!" he said.

"Bye Shawny!" she said.

Once I got into the car I asked "Where are we going to?".

"To Jacob." He replied.