CHAPTER TWENTY

CHAPTER Twenty.

Katie's POV.

Lexi came over a little bit after I called. She ran through the doors of my room with her arms wide open. She ran up and hugged me and comforted me. I cried into her shoulder.

Once I calmed down a little I started to tell her about Shawn. I told her everything. Starting with walking in. Then the girl. Then the girl telling me she made him. Then how Shawn looked so sorry.

She sat there nodding and listening to everything. She supported me. When I needed it she would comfort me. I would just pour out all of my feelings. She understood everything so well.

"Do you want to know what I think?" She asked once I was done.

"Um...sure?" It sounded more like a question than an answer.

"I think....That.....Shawn isn't good enough for you. He is a jerk. I think that you deserve a lot better than him." She said soothingly.

"Thanks. But I really liked him." I said.

"Ya. I really liked my old high heels, but I had to throw them out." She said.

"That's different." I mumbled.

"Not really.  Did you love him?" She asked.

"No. Love is a strong word." I said.

"Then you can move on." She whispered.

"Y...You're right." I slammed my hand down.... "I don't love him. I broke up with him... and I am proud." I said.

"Yeah! That's what I'm talking about!" She yelled.

"Girls night out? We have school tomorrow so we couldn't do it then. You wanna come?" She asked.

"Shopping?" I asked.

"And the movies...and dinner!" She cheered.

"Ok. Let's go!" I said in excitement.

                                          ********

Once we got there my mind had cleared from all Shawn....well boys at all. Me and Lexi had so much fun together. First, we went shopping. Then we went to the movies. We watched Catching Fire. (Which was the sequel to my favorite movie ever, The Hunger Games.)

Once that was over we decided that it was time to go home. She told me that she could drive behind me,....just to make sure that I was okay, but I shook her offer off. I just needed to be alone for a while. I needed to think....No, not think...but.....relax.

I have been so caught up with boys and my new school, that I haven't had much time to just relax....just breathe. I don't like how I have been so busy. At my old school I would just like Sit around all day and do nothing. It just feels so.....different.

I set  my alarm for 6:00, closed my eyes, and drifted of to sleep.

                               **The Next Morning**

Once I reached school I had decided to ignore all of the people staring at me, and just walk to my locker. Someone even pushed my shoulder with theirs. I tumbled over a little. but quickly regained my balance.

When I finally made it to my locker it felt as if everyone in the whole school was staring at me. A rose and a note fell out right when I opened it. I smelled the rose while reading the note.

You are the most beautiful and kind girl that I have ever met. You are the star to my skies. You will go far in life, and I hope that I can go with you.               ~Your secret admirer.

The worst thing that could happen right now is definitely this. I had just made my decision that I wasn't going deal with guys, and now this has to happen. Why?

Guys never noticed me at my old school. How come here I have Three people who like me? I am not even attractive. I am just...me. Usually guys are calling me "Nerd." or "Geek.". Stuff like that. Never has a guy called  "Pretty." or "Hot.". Not until now that is.

I was just kind of he of those people that you never really noticed. If you did though, then you would call me a nerd. I wasn't all Science and Math. I just don't play sports, read a lot, and don't have very many friends. So...they call me a nerd.

I grabbed my books and closed my locker door.I put the note in my purse and the rose in the trash can. I walked off to my classroom. I don't want a secret admirer. I want to go learn! No...I don't.

Once the last bell rang for our last class before lunch my stomach felt weird. Now it is time for P.E. Which is most definitely my worst class. I  not in shape or athletic at all!

"Okay class, we are going to run 3 laps around the gym. The last person will have to run 2 extra." Our Gym Teacher yelled.....Coach Layne.

I moaned and got on the starting line. I put my right arm bent in front of me, and my left behind me. Once she blew the whistle I took off in a Sprint. I made it all the way to the beginning of my second lap when I was already out of breathe. My sit was hurting and it felt like I could taste blood. Someone bumped into me and yelled... "Oops!".

I looked up and saw Leslie running past me with a big grin on her face. She started in a Sprint and was way ahead of me before I knew it. She was on the cheerleading and track team. I wish that I could be athletic, yet I don't have one athletic bone in my body.

I was halfway tiny third lap when I looked back. There was two people behind me, and everyone else was done. There was a chubby girl who was trying to run, but it looked more like she was walking, and she was breathing really heavy. The other person was a guy, but he just ran ahead of me.

I started sprinting when I noticed something. That girl behind me can barely breathe and I just left her back there. I was close enough now to see everyones' face. I turned around and jogged to the girl. She looked very confused.

"Are you okay?" I asked her.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"I have to take a brake. Go ahead without me." I lied.

"No I....." She started.

"Please. Go." I interrupted with a smile.

"Ok." She said.

I sat down on the ground and waited for her to reach the finish line. My Gym Teacher looked over and yelled for me to get up. I got up and started walking. He stared at me for a while and kept yelling for me to run. I looked up and saw The other girl standing there staring at me.

"Cross the finish line." I called to her.

She started jogging to the line.

"Go!" The coach yelled at me.

"No!" I yelled back.

Once I saw that their girl had finished I jogged to the Finish Line. The Gym Teacher looked at me in disbelief. He.looked as of he were about to strangle me.

"You don't have to run two extra laps." He said.

"Really?" I asked.

"You have detention." He said.

"Wait! What?" I asked.

"You heard me! Sidney, on the line!" He yelled.

The girl that I was trying to help, walked over to the starting line. He blew his whistle and she started in a jog. She looked back at me in misery, but kept going.

"Stop!" I yelled.

"No. She was last. You have to go to detention, Now!" He yelled.

He told one of the jocks to walk me to the principle to tell him how I got detention and that I do have detention.

Hey guys! Well I am sorry that I haven't updated lately. I have been so busy with sports and school, so that I haven't had any time to. Tell your friends to read this book if you like it. Thanks....bye!