CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Jacob's POV

"Hello?"

"Hey, Megan, It's me, Jacob. I was wondering if you want to come over."

"Where?"

"My house."

"How long?"

"Tomorrow after school is that fair thing. Do you want to come with me?"

"Ok."

"K. See you then."

"K."

Katie's POV

"Shawn. Hey, do you want tho meet me in the park? We need to talk." I said over the phone.

"Um...Sure. Is everything okay?" He asked.

"Yes. I just think that we should talk." I said shaky.

"Okay. I am on my way." He.said.

"See you there. Bye." I said.

"Bye." He replied.

Then I hung up.

                                     «»«»«»«»«»

"What's up?" Shawn asked.

"I think that we should talk about....us." I said slowly.

"Are you breaking up with me?" He asked.

I laughed a little. "No! I just think that we should do more together." .

"Okay. Sorry...I just got a little paranoid." he said laughing a little.

"How about the fair tomorrow?" I asked.

"Sure! I'll pick you up at six." He said.

"Good.What else should we do." I asked.

"We can go to dinner, too." He said.

"Okay. Thank you......I just......Didn't feel like we were a couple." I took a deep breathe.  "I like you, Shawn. So I want us to be happy.".

"Me too." He said.

"So....At eight?" I asked.

"You got it." He said with a wink.

Then he started walking away.

                                       «»«»«»«»«»

"Hey, Mom. I am leaving soon!" I called.

"Okay. Be home by 11!" She called back.

I fixed my earrings and took one last look in the mirror. I wore a light blue dress that ended at my knees, a pair of long, dangle, silver earrings, and I wore my hair straightened down. I put on a little bit of makeup, and and a light blue headband.

I stepped outside to see if Shawn was here yet....nope. It's. Six o' Clock now. Why isn't he here yet. I pulled out my phone and dialed his number.

"Hi, This is Shawn, I can't get to the hone right now...so leave a message after the BEEP. BEEEEEP. Just kidding. sorry that I can't answer now."

"Shawn where are you...It is 6:15. You said that you would be here by six!" I said over the message machine.

30 Minutes Later.

I started to cry. Shawn just stood me up. I threw my headband on the ground and ran inside. I ran up to my room and threw myself on my bed.I cried and cried into my pillow for like Fifteen minutes until there were no tears left to cry. No! I am not going to let Shawn ruin my night. I grabbed my headband and purse and I marched out the door proudly.

                                   «»«» At The Fair«»«»

Once I got there I didn't know what to do. I looked around for anyone from school, but I only saw people that I don't know. There were so many people here, yet I knew none of them.Their faces were familiar from school, but we haven't talked. I looked over and noticed familiar shoes under one of the booths. Jacob's!

I ran over by the booth and ran in. It was like some type of haunted house thing. I don't know why they would have a haunted house in The begging of December. I walked through screaming at pretty much everything. I hated being scared. I looked around for Jacob everywhere. Then I saw him...well his shoes.

I turned the corner to where his shoes were.

"Jaco....." I started.

But I stopped quickly to see that he was kissing that Megan girl. I looked away and muttered sorry. I started walking away when I felt a hand on my wrist. I turned around and saw a guy with a red bloody mask on. I expected that it was part of the haunted house, but I knew that it wasn't when he held a knife to my back.

"Make a sound and I will stap you." The man whispered.

"O...Okay." I whispered slowly.

He pushed me into this room in the back. There was a table with a bunch color knives on it and a bloody bed in the middle. I slowly walked in. The man Holding the knife grabbed some metal chains and tied them around my wrist....too tight. It hurt really bad. I wanted to scream, but I didnt.

"Why me? Why here?" I asked.

"I do this every year! I pick an innocent, lonely girl who is alone. I do it here because there is already a lot of screaming, so they will think that it is just part of the haunted house." He said casually.

Then he tied the chains down on the bed. I secretly struggled free, but it was no use. He was obviously an expert. I looked up and saw that he was looking at all of his knives. Probably picking which one he was going to kill me with.

"Heeeeeeeeelp!!" I yelled.

"Shut up!" The guy yelled at me.

"No! You are sick. You're a sick monster. Heeeeelpppp!" I screamed.

He ran up and covered my head with a bag and threw me in a box. I couldn't breath. I was gasping for air. All that I could smell was a sickening odor. Suddenly everything went blurry. Great! Now I couldn't breath or see. I started crying.

"Heeeeellllp!" I cried.

"Hee..." I choked.

Suddenly I was choking up blood. I could taste it and I was getting scared. I couldn't see, couldn't breath, and I was coughing up blood. Suddenly I heard a bang and I heard someone shout "Where is she?".

"Who? Why are you back here?" The man that took me yelled.

"Don't play this game with me *****!" Jacob yelled.

Suddenly I heard a loud male scream. Jacob! Then I heard the box opening, but I couldn't see who was picking me up. I am almost positive that it was the guy though.

So I screamed. (Well I tried to before I choked on blood again.)

"No baby don't scream. Your safe now. I got you." Jacob said.

"Breath.Can't. me."  I choked out.

"I know, baby. I am going to fix that." He said.

I let my head fall in his arms.

I let the tears fall down my cheeks.

I Let go.

hey guys! I hope that you all are enjoying my book! Tell your friends to read it too! I love you all, and I would never make it this far without you. So... Thank you!       Kisses
                                                                                  ~Tessa :)