CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN

Chapter 38

Still Jacob...

The wheels, smoothly roll into my driveway. Katlynn is still asleep in the passenger seat. I kind of have to wake her up in order to get out. Yeah, we are connected sooo....

"Katlynn, we are here." I say, gently pushing her shoulder.

"Layne! STOP!" She screams.

"What?l I ask.

"Nothing." She says, rubbing her eyes. "Sorry."

"Okay." I say, still confused.

She opens her door, and stumbles a little bit because she stood up too fast. She closes it, and hugs her stomach, walking up to the door. Once she reaches the top of my stairs, she wait a for me to open the front door, and we go into my house.

"I have to go to the bathroom." She says, running upstairs.

I break the handcuff chain with pliers.

On perfect time, my phone rings.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Katie?" A soothng voice says.

"Yes, who is this?" I ask.

"Its Dr. Tamara. I am calling to tell you that you are in mo need to come back on for a checkup. We ran some samples, and you are clear." She says.

My heart drops with happiness. "Thank you." I say

"No Problem, sweetheart." She says.

I just shrug, and plop on the couch. I pull out our stash of Oreos that we hide under the couch, and eat one. Then I put the box next to me, knowing I'll be eating more. I love Oreos. WHO'S WITH ME!?

Katlynn is still up there. I winder what's going on. What is taking her so long? I will go check on her! So, that means i must get this lazy a....butt off the couch.

I jog up the stairs. I hear a muffled sob from the bathroom. I walk in to see her sitting on the edge of the bathtub crying and crying. It is hard tears too. Something is wrong. It is bad, and she is very upset.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"Nothing." She sobs, wiping her face.

"Katlynn." I say.

"Can we talk about it later?" She asks.

"No." I state rudely....I want to know!

"Please?" She says.

"Yeah. Fine" I pout.

"Fine." She says. "I just had a very bad memory/nightmare of my ex-boyfriend."

"Ex boyfriend? Nightmare?" I ask, confused.

"Yeah. He was just living hell." she says.

"What'd he do?" I ask, putting and arm around her.

"He stole from me, hit me, and was just a total dyke." she sighs.

P.S-I know that isn't how it is spelled...I don't like writing bad words...shout out to my best friend, Tance for thinking of that..

"Why are you crying about it? You know I will protect you." I say.

"He could get me when you are gone." She says.

"He's gone." I say.

"My friend Kia said that he has been acting weird...er than usual, and she saw him driving in this direction." She says, no longer crying...more angry.