Chapter 5

i love you guys!!! :D thank you sooo much for the votes and comments..i couldn't stop smiling the entire time :P please continue commenting and voting...hope you'll enjoy this chapter :D

Happy Reading! :D

 Chapter 5

Sometimes all it took was moment for the world to come crashing down. The present which you had been sure was going to last a lifetime was broken by that one moment.

That moment took place in Sydney Smith's life as she saw her daughter slip on the slick mud and tumble into the lake. Jessica didn't know how to swim. Sydney didn't either so she had been unable to teach her.

Sydney cry of terror got lost somewhere between her brain and mouth as her daughter fell. She ran towards the lake. They had come to lake often enough to know that the water was deep. Sydney didn't think what she was going to do once she reached there as she didn't know how to swim but the only thing important at that moment was to reach her daughter.

She was about to jump when a figure raced past her and dived into the lake towards her drowning Jessica. Ashton grabbed hold of her and carried her back towards the shore. Sydney was stunned, looking at Jessica's pale face.

"Why isn't she she opening her eyes?" Sydney could hear the panic in her own voice. She bent over her frail body feeling helpless. Her mind was blank; she was unable to think. Sydney felt as though there two parts of herself. The hysterical one bent over her daughter and another serene part looking at the scene played out as if from a far distance.

Ashton quickly got Jessica out of the water and laid her down on the grass. Sydney was obviously not going to be of any help as she stared with wide glassy eyes. He turned Jessica on her back and pumped water out of her lungs. After a considerable amout of water was released, he turned her back and performed CPR.

Ashton cried a little when he at last heard Jessica's gasping breath but to anyone who had noticed, the tears were just stray drops of lake water.

Jessica coughed and Ashton helped her sit up. His hands felt limp but he couldn't let her go.

"Jess," Sydney's voice was almost a prayer and she carefully hugged Jess.

"Mommy? Ashton?"

"Yeah we are here, kiddo," Ashton replied, storking her wet hair.

"Oh my god, you are Ashton Kingman!" Someone yelled from the crowd.

Holy shit, he had removed his glares when they sat down for lunch and his wig was now somewhere at the bottom of the lake.

Suddenly there was chaos all around as everyone tried to touch him. His anger which had been absent while he spent the day with Jess and Sydney came back with a vengence.

He growled and pushed though the crowd protecting Sydney and Jess as he dragged them towards the car. It was difficult but he managed and soon they were on the road with Ashton trying to tame his anger and the two girls huddled in the passenger seat.

"Are you all right?" He asked Jess. "Can you breath properly? Do you need to go to the hospital?" He struggled to keep his voice calm so he didn't scared them.

He didn't do a very good job it seemed from Jessica's slightly frightened look, "I am fine."

Sydney held her close, a million expressions flitting across a face- relief, anger, fright.

Oh god, this is what Ashton hated. Now by tomorrow, it would be on the news. He just hoped Sydney's reputation didn't get destroyed.

"Bye, Ashton," Jessica gave him a warm hug while Sydney sat tight lipped. Shit! She was angry with him.