Chapter 4

hey guys!! i was so excited by all the votes and comments that i decided to post another chapter :P please keep voting and commenting!! and dont forget to give me your suggestions for a cast..i'm desparate and extremely horrible at that :P

Happy Reading! :D

Chapter 4

Sydney's day had taken turn for the worse since Ashton left. It wasn't awful in the sense that someone had tried to sabotage her, but because she just couldn't concentrate. She kept on thinking about last night and this morning when she had laughed without restrain. For the first time since he left the two of them, she felt free- something even chocolate had yet to achieve.

Sighing, she took the yucky food offered at the cafeteria and sat at the teacher's table. Just looking at the food stole her appetite. The shepard's pie looked like the shepard had stepped in it and there was a weird glob on the side; she shuddered thinking what that might be.

"Hey, girl, how's your day?" Her best friend and the english teacher of St. Pattrick high school, Evelyn, asked, sliding in besides her.

"Horrible," Sydney commented, picking at her food.

"Oh my poor baby. What happened?"

"Nothing, just had a bad day," Sydney waved her off.

Evelyn looked as though she wanted to comment but thought better of it, "Anyway, how was your cousin's wedding last night?"

Sydney had forgotten about the disastrous wedding. After her parents kicked her out of their house, everyone was under the impression that she was the Devil's spawn. They thought no better of jessica and that angered her the most. She hadn't wanted to go to the wedding in the first place but Janice, the bride, was the only one who treated her normally.

"The same as usual," she replied. Sydney glanced at Evelyn and wondered whether to tell her best friend about last night. She knew that Ev wouldn't tell anyone but Sydney was finding it hard to come to terms with it herself so she kept her mouth shut. Besides, knowing Ev, she would think that Ashton and Sydney would have a happily ever after-she was a big romantic.

"Okay, I can see that you are hiding something from me but being a good friend, I am not going to press you for details." She was also very observant.

She lasted a full 30 seconds. "Okay, come on. Tell me what happened last night. You know I can't think straight when there is a secret that I don't know." And very inquisitive.

"Please, please, please." And very very persistant.

"Oh look, here's the bell. Got to go. Don't want to be late for class!" Sydney explained, leaving her information-hungry friend on the lunch table.

Ashton's day could not get any worse. He had to visit some mall's opening ceremony and since then reporters had hounded him for information about last night's fight.

The only thing Ashton remembered clearly from last night was Jessica's adorable face as she showed him around her house and chatted non-stop. And how could he forget, her mother's pillow fight with him after which he had laughed his ass off about nothing in particular and also the little incident with the gun and coffee this morning. Just thinking about it got a smile to his face and his need to punch one of the reporters subsided temporarily.

Oh god, he couldn't wait to meet the two of them again. They made his problems melt away and he could be himself. He was going with them to the zoo this Sunday. Sunday was way too far away. How was he supposed to go through the next four days?

Maybe he could drop them a visit this afternoon. They should be home by then, right? What did Sydney do for a living exactly? He let out a sigh as he got in the BMW. He didn't know anything about the two girls who had given him the best night of his life. Albeit, he had to sleep on a small bed and his neck was sore from sleeping at an awkward angle but still.