Chapter 17

hey guys! chapter 17 is here! i hope you enjoy it! please comment/vote if you do :) 

p.s. i think its high time i choose a cast :P so any suggesstions??

Happy Reading! :D

Chapter 17

 Sydney sat on the bed with her head cradled in her hands and wondered why the universe was out to get her daughter. Jessica being trapped inside a burning was not good enough. Oh no- she had to get kidnapped by her biological father the very same day.

Claudia and George were talking quietly by the window, Claudia sniffing every few minutes. Ashton was busy phone calls; he had been doing that since James’ phone call.

Sydney felt terror and helplessness claw at her throat and she couldn’t sit still any longer; she needed to get out of the room that very minute.

Sydney shot to her feet. “I am going out for a while.” She didn’t wait for her parents response and strode out of the door, making sure she had her phone with her in case that son of a bitch tried calling again.

“Where are you going?”

Sydney turned back to see Ashton with his phone attached to his ear.

“Hold on Sanders, I will call you back lack,” Ashton hung up. “What’s wrong?”

“I think the question should be what’s right? So then the answer would be nothing! My daughter, who was supposed to still be at the hospital recovering from being trapped inside a burning building, was kidnapped by her biological father!” Sydney yelled.

Sydney took a deep breath at the look of shock and pity in Ashton’s eyes.

“We are going to get her back, you know. And trust me that bastard is going to suffer for what he did,” Ashton said with enough fervor to make Sydney feel slightly better. She really wanted to make James’ burn in hell. She was sure he was going to just that after he died but she even wanted to make him suffer during his miserable stay on earth. But on the other hand she also felt dread curl in her stomach at the thought of Ashton near James’.

“Look, I am really sorry for taking out my anger on you. I just need some air.”

“I’ll come with you,” Ashton offered.

“No seriously, I did rather be alone right now. Just…I will be back soon,” Sydney marched down the hallway before Ashton could reply.

Sydney found a small park two streets from the hotel and perched on one of the free benches. She wondered how her life had gotten so messed up; just weeks before she was living her mundane life with her precious daughter and now…she sighed.

She thought of her college days during which she had trusted James’ with all her heart. How could a person be so wrong about another? She thought of her poor daughter lying in some filthy place, held hostage by her own father. She desperately wished for things to be different. Why couldn’t Ashton have been Jessica’s father?

Sydney could imagine the scene playing out in front of her. She would have finished grading her school papers and would have been cooking dinner in the kitchen. Jessica would be done with her homework as well. The two of would be setting the table for three- their own little happy family. Ashton would walk in through the front door, tired from the day’s work but his eyes would light up when he would see Jessica running toward him with a happy smile. He would lift her up and twirl her around. The house would light up with Jessica’s giggles and Ashton’s laughter. Ashton would then lift his gaze from their daughter and pierce Sydney with those beautiful blue eyes filled with love-