Chapter 4

A/N: There's some language in this chapter. Curse words, most pretty mild, but there's some f-bombs. Just warning ya now.

Tamiyako's POV

After school, Class 1-A disperses into their friend groups to walk back to the dorms. Utsu had been absorbed into Bakusquad, becoming friends with Mina and Kirishima. Renzo was firmly in Dekusquad, but seemed to like the silence that surrounded Todoroki. The two squads had lumped together on the walk back to the dorms because Mina and Uraraka were soulmates. The couple seemed to be the bridge connecting the two groups.

As we were walking, I felt someone grab my wrist, sending a wave of surety through my body.

"Hey, wanna walk with me?" Kirishima asks, awkwardly kicking gravel.

"Sure," I reply, trying to suppress the butterflies in my stomach.

We fall back, letting the others pass us. I see Mina, Pikachu, Renzo and Utsu all making kissy faces at us. Kirishima and I both stick our tongues out as soon as the others turn their backs, making us laugh. It also melts any lingering awkwardness between us, which is nice.

"How long have you known Renzo and Utsu?" Kirishima asks.

"I knew Renzo since we were eight. We met Utsu when we were twelve, and Renzo 'adopted' her. We've been friends ever since."

"Adopted?"

I laugh at his tone. "Yeah, Rezno's the mother of the friend group. She tracks down any bullies and calls them out for us and makes sure Utsu and I aren't total morons all the time."

"We're think of the same person, right? You don't know another Kagami Renzo?"

"No, she's the only one. Just wait til you see her in action. Renzo is a total goof like us, but she also manages to rein us in... most of the time."

Kirishima laughs and the back of his hand brushes mine.

"What about you? How long have you been in Bakusquad?" I ask, air quoting 'Bakusquad'.

"Me and Bakugou hit it off as soon as we started at UA. Mina went to the same middle school as me, and we talked a bit."

"So, were you and Mina ever...." I trail off, leaving the rest of my thought to be interpreted.

"No, no, no! We never dated or anything," Kirishima says, nervously waving his hands around.

I smile, because I was only teasing him. "Oh, I know. It's clear she like your sister, not a lover."

Kirishima relaxes, a sharky grin appearing. "So, what about you? You date anyone?"

His words are innocent, but they dredge up old, bad memories. The orphanage, the boy who bullied and beat me, who tried to do more, who would've done more. I realize I've frozen and Kirishima is looking at me, clearly worried. I breifly wonder if soulmates can feel the emotions of their other half. If it's true, Kirishima will be picking up on my fear..

"Tami?"

I shake off the numbness and start walking. If I'm going to tell him this, I want to be moving.