Chapter 12

Hope you like plz maybe comment or vote? -Private19

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  ~Dakota~

   I open my eyes and I'm in my bed. Wait, wasn't I sleeping by Stevie last night? I feel shaking at the foot of my bed. Tyler is sitting on the edge. "Get out!!" I point to the door.

   "Please, Dakota, don't ruin your life. Stevie has problems. Don't follow in her footsteps."

   "This is why I broke up with you!! You're too overprotective. I liked the guy I met when he stole my sister's twinkie and was a goof ball."

   "That's me it's just-- I'm just-- different around you now."

   "Why'd you carry me home?" I huff.

   "Didn't you notice? Stevie already took off. She lives on her own and counts on no one but herself."

   What? I feel my heart swell into a hard rock. Anger rises in my chest. I thought she was my friend. "Get out!!!" I yell as I point to the door. "You aren't welcome here anymore." I know it's wrong to take out my anger on him when he only was trying to help. I have these mood swings that make me do crazy things.

   Tyler frowns, "I know who you are, Dakota. You aren't like Stevie. You're having mood swings and I get it. I want you to know I still--"

   "Stop!!" I cover my ears. I don't want to hear this crap right now. He leaves. I scream into my pillow. My mind feels as if it's going to explode. I hold my head, just in case.

   Why would Stevie do that?

  ~Tyler~

   I walk down stairs and Dakota's mother thanks me for bringing her home. I get in my car but I don't start it. Instead, I read the note that Stevie left for Dakota.

   Dear Dakota,

I'm so sorry I left you. You know I love you like a sister, right? It's just I can't stand to see you get hurt. Plus, I can't take care of you while I'm on the run. You're like family to me. My life isn't that great and I want you to be better than what I am now. I'm a monster, a theif. I'm so so so so so so sorry it has to be like this. I hope we'll cross paths again some day. We might not. I'm immortal and I broke the law. You probably already guessed that. They are looking for me and I don't want you to be a part of this mess.

   Sincerely, Stephanie aka Stevie.

   Her handwriting carved into the paper like she was cutting with a dull knife. The pen must have dug into the paper, almost ripping it.

  ~Stevie~

   I run as fast as I can. Trying to get the swelling anger out of my system. My thoart soon feels as if it's swelling. Why am I so emotional? I was never this emotional. Maybe, it's because, for once in my life someone actually liked me. My parents never loved me. They kept calling me a mistake and that I'm never supposed to be alive.

   I trip on a rock and fall before a small stream. I look at my reflection. I splat it away and get up. I have to keep going.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Srry so short