Chapter 3: Dad Troubles

I crack the eggs and stirr them. Making omlets for breakfast; Angeline asked me to. I couldn't say no when my mom said, "Mmmm... sounds good; Dakota, could you make some?" Can't believe I'm making omlets on a Friday (day off: teacher stuff)! I promised Cassie I'd go with her to the movies, then the mall, etc. Just a day we're going to spend hanging around.

   I flip the eggs and sprinkle cheese on them and fold the egg. I grab three plates and forks. We eat our breakfast, along with some toast and cinnanmon butter. The doorbell rings and I leap towards the door. Cassie smiles and says, "I guess you aren't ready to go."

   I look at my old shirt and pj pants. "I'll be ready in a sec," I run up the stairs, taking two at a time. I lay out my clothes: a red and black striped long sleeved shirt, some dark jeans, a hat, and Ugg boots. I hop in the shower. My skin starts to turn red from the hot, hot, very hot water. I like very hot water but my skin doesn't since it turns red and dry.

   I blow dry and straighten my hair, brush my teeth, apply eyeliner and blue mascara, and walk out into my room. I drop my towel to the ground and slip on my clothes. My boots clomp down the steps and I call out, "Mom, I'm going to hang out with Cassie."

   Silence. Oh well, she'll text me if she needs me. "Wait!!!" Angeline calls as she runs towards me. "Where are you going?!" she asks, out of breath.

   "I'm going to the movies with Cassie."

   "What are you going to see?"

    "A movie..."

   "Can I come?" she asks.

   "No," I say. She's not coming!! This is my time away from her. I can't have my time when she's with me!

   "PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE?!?!?!?!" she wails.

   Cassie laughs, "Alright you can come."

   "WHAT???!!!!!" I yell and at the same time Angeline yells, "YEEEEEEEEEEEES!"

   "C'mon, she wants to go out."

   "I like her!!" Angeline smiles.

   I sit in the front seat, I had to get Angeline's booster seat from mom's car. Cassie starts the car and drives to the movies. "Can we see Prep and Landing?" Angeline asks. They're playing it on;y because it's near Christmas.

   "No."

   "Yes," Cassie says.

   "CASSIE!!!" I whine.

   We walk up to the ticket booth or whatever. "Three tickets to Prep and Landing please," Cassie says.

   The girl at the counter laughs, "Wow, you like kid movies?!"

   I reconize her from school. "FYI, dumb ass, we are taking her little sister to the movies," Cassie says.

   "Enjoy your movie," the girl hisses. We get popcorn and I snuck in some candy from the drug store: Junior mints, Skittles, and Milk Duds. Hey, the candy here is price-y.

   Cassie and I like to drown out popcorn with butter but of course, "I don't like butter!!" Angeline says.

   "Okay, we won't puut butter on."

   I pull her aside before she walks into the theater. "Stop that!!"

   "Stop what?" she asks, innocently.

   "Manipulating people!!"

   "I'm cute and they do whatever I want."

   "That's kind of manipulating people."