Chapter 1: I'm New

Characters:

Dakota:

Age: 16

Profile: Brown hair, golden brown eyes, skinny, pretty, kinda goth

Cassie:

Age: 16

Profile: Red hair, green eyes, kind of... chubby, not goth, friends with Dakota.

Tyler:

Age: 18

Profile: Brown hair, blue eyes, a strong guy, cute, very popular.

Angeline:

Age: 7

Profile: Brown hair, blue eyes, cute, talks too much, sister of Dakota

CHAPTER 1: FORTUNE COOKIE DAY  

Okay so I'm Dakota Cane: Hi! I'm new at this school (so what else is new?). Of course I'm starting high school, said to be dirtier than poltics. I'm nervous, shy, timid, whatever you call someone who doesn't speak at all. I'm a smart ass (meaning smart with comments and combacks) and I'm also a... (I don't want to say it but I will) dork. Don't judge me just yet.

Hello, my name is William and my name is Karen. Wake up! It's a beautiful day here in Chicago! I jump and pound my alarm clock to pieces. I always get startled by that thing!! I sit up in my bed, my heart pounding against my rib cage. Take deep breaths.

I get up and eat breakfast as I watch TV. Clifford the Big Red Dog; my little sister likes it! I yank the remote out of her hand and turn on a horror movie. "HEY!!" she whines.

"Today it's my turn to watch my shows," I say as she tries to get the remote from me. Mom walks in the kitchen and says, "Do not watch horror films with  Angeline around."

"You're lucky mom was around or you'd be watching Halloween," I mutter through my teeth. She smirks.

"Okay, bye, love you, Angeline, daddy will pick you up, Dakota, I've scheduled you to get a ride with Tyler Zines. My friend's son."

"What?! Why can't I go with dad?" I whine.

"Because your dad is taking Angeline to his house for the weekend." Mom walks out the door. Un...be...lieve...able.

We walk out to the bus. Looks like we're the only one here. The bus stops and we get in and get a front seat. Angeline opens her lunch and holds out a twinkie. "Look what mommy packed me!!" I never really like twinkies. A boy with brown hair and blue eyes takes it from her. "Why thank you!!" he smirks. I tense up as he leans in a whispers, "See you at school."  I turn around and try to smack him. I'm not the kind of person who acts out but he crossed the line on the first try!! I miss and he laughs.

"Aren't you going to get him?" she asks.

"No," I mutter.

"But he stole my twinkie!!" she cries. We get to the grade school and she hugs me goodbye.

   I ride the bus alone and high school comes before I know it. I take a deep breath and walk out. Oh. My. God. THE HORROR!! Not really but I'm more scared than the first time I watch Halloween!!

   The bell rings and everyone runs inside. When I finally find the office, a lady welcomes me gives me my schedule, blah, blah, blah, you know the drill.

  I went to my first hour: Art. The art room is filled with clay, paint, paper, etc. The room is so bright is almost makes me want to be a better person... no, it doesn't. The teacher welcomes me, blah, blah, blah. I sit down and she calls attendence. "....Tyler Zines..."