Chapter Fourteen - Hazelnut Girl

It turns out the Careers really did want me to lead them to Katniss. I lead them into the woods, as we all know that is where she would go. I fear that I'm wasting their time - I fear Katniss is dead. We stumble across a girl who lit a fire. She was obviously shivering from both the cold and fear. The Careers and I were warm, as we had been roaming the woods non-stop.
"Go on then, lover boy. We all have kills. Take your first." I understand that Glimmer wants me to take her life. I look down, staring into her eyes. They're a hazelnut brown. She looks about 14 years old, probably from District 7 or 9.
"What's your name?" I ask. I don't let her finish though.
"Ma-" before I slice my sword into her chest. I don't want to know what her name was.
The Careers set of laughing, imagining what the girl would've said if I had given her more time.
"Please! Don't kill me!" Says Clove mockingly. I wonder how they would feel if a boy, big and 2 years older than her. Armed, lethal. No mercy. To do the dogs work for the Careers.
"Please! Don't kill me! My name is Ma! Please! I'm only 14!" says Marvel, giggling with the rest. And then comes the scariest thing so far. The sound of the anthem, booming in my ears. And then the tribute slideshow, presenting the fallen tributes. It starts off at District 5, so no-one from 1, 2, 3, and 4 have died. The presentation goes on, until it ends on District 10, where only the boy died. That's 13. Thirteen families, to be greeted by the cold body of their child. 13 families that will never be the same. God, how I want Katniss to win. Katniss, where is Katniss? What would she have done? Gone into the woods, for sure. She wouldn't be dumb enough to start a fire, knowing that especially at night, the smooke and light would give away too much. The only option left are the trees. I wonder if she has anything, or if she is completely on her own. And water, food, is she able to get them? I stare up at the trees, the moon missing. The Capitol couldn't even give us the moon. And then I see it, an inch of fabric. And then an inch of hair. Brown, clustered at the bottom, braided upwards. Katniss?