3. The Second Part Of A Memorable Christmas

Enjoy!

Naomi's POV

I didn't think I had ever tried that hard for a guy. I'd basically ran out of my parents Christmas celebration and sped home to try on everything in my closet. I had fixed my makeup twice before settling into clothes. Skinny jeans, showy snow boots and a really warm maroon sweater. It was hard to look impressive when snow was piling up on the London sidewalks like a thick white blanket.

I showed up at Louis flat five minutes early. Harry was the one to answer the door moments after I knocked. He was dressed in clean jeans and a pressed black button up shirt that looked to be a size too large for him. The top few buttons were undone, revealing the inked edges of his tatoos. He appeared to be freshly showered, with his long overgrown curls dripping at the ends just slightly in a messy frame around his face. His lips curled into a smile at the sight of me.

"Hey Naomi," he said unslurring. He looked tired, though his eyes were wide in alert and clear, lacking the dilation they'd displayed the previous night. They were red as if he'd been rubbing them, and rimmed with dark circles.

"Umm... Hi," I said awkwardly, attempting to keep my voice light. Our last encounter had been less than pleasant.

"Louis almost ready.... Come in?" He said it as a question. I nodded.The home smelt like cookies in direct contrast to the stench of last night. He showed me into the living room which was now clean with a small Christmas tree set up in the corner. It looked like it was on its last legs, with branches dropping sadly. It was strung with an array of brightly colored lights and had a present or two sat underneath it. "I decorated that," he added with a wide smile, taking note of my expression. It didn't last long though before he fell into the couch biting his lip in a nervous way. Something seemed very off with him, though that wasn't saying much, considering how I'd met him the previous night.

"Are you okay?" I asked concerned.

He took a deep steadying breath before smirking. "I'm actually kind've... Louis has me under lock and key today."

"Oh," I said surprised by his honesty.

"I'm sorry... About yesterday I mean." He added uncomfortably.

Louis waltzed in, deflating the tension. He was wearing a white dress shirt and slacks, his unruly dark hair combed into a somewhat proper place. "Merry Christmas!" He said cheerily. "I hope you like the tree, Harry decorated. I made dinner, but to be honest Harry normally cooks and my cooking is shoddy at best so we may be better off ordering takeout."

"No!" Harry insisted with a smile, rising from his place on the couch. "Your cookings great, I eat it all the time."

Louis grabbed my arm and headed off towards the kitchen. He leaned in towards me, and that's when I saw the bruised gash on his cheek. "What happened?" I whispered so that Harry wouldn't hear as he sauntered on ahead of us.

"Harry and I had a falling out." At my shocked expression he added, "Don't worry, he's withdrawing right now; maybe for the last time; hopefully it will get better." The casual way in which he talked about Harry's life was mind boggling.

He stopped as Harry proudly faced us. "I set the table." On the table was two glass plates, with silver forks, and wine glasses. Overall, the fanciest thing I've seen in Louis house so far.

"There's only 2..." Louis said confused.

"Did you really think I'd intrude on your date? I'm eating in my room," Harry said as he started to back out.

Louis stiffened and narrowed his eyes at him.

"With the door open so you can spy," he added humorously. "Actually I'm trying to call my mum. I won't do anything messy in earshot of my mum anyway." Harry's laugh was nervous.