6. Many Talents

Naomi's POV

That was the scariest day of my life to date. Harry's bloody body shaking on the floor. And Louis, he was so desperately trying not to break. I could see it in his face. The tears. The trembling. It hurt to watch. Once Harry had been moved from the room, Louis had stood in the doorway gaping and taking heaving breaths. He remained in the state of shock the entire way to the hospital. And when we sat in the waiting room wondering what would happen, Louis didn't talk. Not until the nurse came out.

"Are you Louis? Louis Tomlinson?"

He nodded.

"Your roommate had you listed as his only emergency contact?" She inquired.

He nodded again.

"There's nobody else? Because someone needs to sign for him." She said.

"I'll do it. I always do it." He said taking the form and signing his name neatly on the blank line.

"Okay then." She said uncertainly. "Anyway, he's stable now. We assume he took something by accident, but the blood tests show allot of narcotics... So that's obviously something to worry about. No ones here to cart him off or anything but he does need to be careful. He can go home tomorrow. We just need to watch him overnight and make sure he doesn't have any other issues."

He nodded in relief. "Can we see him?"

"You can.... We didn't have her in any of the paper work." She gestured to me.

"Shes my wife," Louis lied without any hesitation.

She nodded us both through.

Me and Louis both headed to his room where Harry sat awake and staring at the blank wall across the room. His skin was still pale and clammy. The dark circles under his eyes were dark and prevalent. Bandages wrapped both of his palms and a portion of his cheek. His hair was a mess, but he still had a certain handsome charm about him.

"How are you?" Louis asked sarcastically staring at him. His stone cold composure had returned.

"Shitty." Harry didn't look at us. His eyes were fixed on a blank portion of the wall as if he found it very interesting.

"Good. You deserve it," Louis stated coldly. His expression had gone cold but he couldn't hide his trembling hands.

"Gee. Thanks." Harry muttered. His voice was gravely but he still maintained a light arrogance.

"Well what do you expect?" Louis asked amused. "I told you it would be this way. This stuff always ends like this Haz."

"I think I noticed," Harry said gesturing to the room around us with a dry smile.

I stood awkwardly in the middle of what would surely become an argument.

"I told you," Louis said coldly.

"Yeah, I know you did," Harry sighed defeated. "Now stop trying to make me feel guilty. It won't work this time."

"So you don't feel guilty?" Louis asked amused. "Because earlier all you could do was apologize. Harry I know you feel bad. And I know you just expect me to get tired and give in. But I'm not going to so you're better off just apologizing or pouting. Either way I'm still paying your medical bills and dragging your ass home tomorrow."

Harry finally looked up and glared. "Stop it."

"Stop what?" Louis laughed.

The faint beeping of one of the machines sped up signaling Harry's heart rate increasing. "Stop acting like you know anything about me! You don't know anything! You act like it's so simple—"