30. Wanting things that we can't have

Naomis POV

Harry had returned with Jay looking like a heavy weight had been taken off of his shoulders. His eyes were red and it was obvious that he'd been crying but there was glitter in his hair and a smile on his face that looked very genuine. Jay smiled warmly upon their return and invited us all to have some tea. The girls resurfaced from their room and settled next to Harry and the rest of the evening was pleasant. We discussed the baby openly. Louis sisters had clearly been filled in. Daisy informed us she'd be texting some potential names to Louis soon. His family was so loving and beautiful. I'd found where his heart and his immense capacity to care had come from. I was sad when it was time for us to go.

Jay had lined us up and given us each hugs goodbye and this time she seemed to hold Louis extra long. She didn't skip Harry this time around either.

Once back on the road, Harry spoke up to Louis. "Me and Jay are cool now," he said casually.

"She's pretty forgiving," Louis commented sounding very amused.

"What happened between you and her?" I leaned around to the back seat and questioned Harry.

Harry looked out the window. "I didn't do anything to her specifically," he said evasively. "It was more of an overall me being me type of issue."

"He shagged my girlfriend," Louis told me bluntly without looking away from the road. "Long term girlfriend. Very serious. Mum was devastated."

"That too," Harry muttered. His entire demeanor seemed to cascade in on himself back to negative. I regretted asking.

I decided that I didn't need more details. We continued on down the dark road towards home listening to the radio. Harry fell asleep again.

After about an hour, Louis spoke. "That went great by the way," He told me.

I smiled. "Your mum is a dream."

He smiled smugly as if proud of that fact. He glanced at me briefly before looking back at the road. "She loved you, I can tell."

When we returned home, Harry trudged straight to bed while barely even acknowledging Lux waiting for him on the sofa. She didn't seem to mind, immediately pulling me away from Louis to drag me out to the balcony with her. She lit up a cigarette and then seemed to remember I was pregnant and put it out before saying, "Tell me everything."

I told her what had happened. Jay was amazing, the secret was finally out to everyone that mattered and that Louis sisters seemed to like Harry more then they liked him. Lux nodded along enthusiastically.

"You're going to be famous," Lux smiled into the darkness dreamily. "As soon as someone gets a picture of the two of you, you're going to be the woman pregnant with superstar Louis Tomlinsons baby."

I cringed. I had considered that fact several times. I wasn't optimistic of the prospect. With how fast my life was suddenly moving, I didn't want to think about how quickly things were going to be blown out of proportion. I'd have to quit my job eventually, especially if Louis music sold. "Don't remind me," I begged.

Lux just smiled as if she would welcome the attention.

"What about when people find out about you and Haz?" I countered with a little too much attitude.

To my surprise, her smile faltered. She looked like she was thinking on something quite sad for a moment before speaking. "Harry and I aren't together."