7. Change

Harry's POV

The moment Lou and Naomi walked in, I knew they'd totally done it. My first clue was the way Naomi clung to Louis hand like he'd just saved her metaphorical newborn child from a fire. She had his arm gripped firmly in her hands. Also, she was wearing the same clothes as yesterday, hinting that she'd stayed at Louis place. That or she was shit at doing laundry and her vibes were way more put together than that. The socks she'd worn weren't matching and they showed above her boots. They'd switched sides so I knew she'd taken them off.

You could argue that she'd just slept over and taken them off to sleep, but there were smaller clues as well. The wine stain on the corner of her sweater. The flush in her cheeks. The pinkish tint to Louis lips from her lipstick. The ruffled messiness of Louis hair. And the fact that Louis looked like someone, probably Naomi, had carefully removed the stick he held firmly up his ass at all times. It was obvious. It was like they wanted me to know. That, or Louis didn't expect me to be looking. I was always looking. My life was boring and dull and sad and I had nothing better to do than pay attention.

"You two have a good night?" I asked smiling as they walked in. Naomi kept residence in the doorway while Louis held out a bag of clean clothes for me.

He ignored my comment saying, "let's go."

I sat up, smiled mischievously and looked directly into his eyes. "Hey Lou remember that condom that I gave you? Could I have it back? There's a nurse here that I'm hoping to see later."

His eyes widened. Naomi flushed red in th doorway.

"No." He told me. His eyes narrowed at me. I pretended not to notice his tension, pulling the clothes he picked for me out of the bag. He'd brought me my own clothes which I rarely wore. It occurred to me he'd finally broken and done my laundry again.

I couldn't help but laugh at him. "You totally got laid!" I smiled triumphantly. I made eye contact with Naomi. "I told you."

Naomi gasped. She turned awkwardly and walked out as she flushed red in embarrassment. With her gone, I peeled off the stupid hospital gown and started wiggling into my clothes.

Louis sighed irritably. He looked at me the way one might look at an annoying petulant child. "Well that wasn't nice."

"I was right though wasn't I?" I asked pulling my pants on and getting up to head towards the door.

"I'm not talking about this with you." He followed closely behind me with clear annoyance.

"Just answer me this.... Was it any good?" I was trying to embarrass him and it was totally working. Me and Louis clearly viewed sex very differently.

"No."

"No, it was bad?" I asked mock surprised. He was actually walking really quickly and I still felt sluggish from my own bad decisions.

"No I'm not talking about it with you." He said boredly. He was trying to act mature but I could tell I was pissing him off. Louis had the funniest temper. He seemed to notice my energy totally dissipating and paused in the hall.

After a moment of silence I said "So it was good?"

"Oh my god Harry!" He exploded with irritation. "Yes it was good now shut up about my sex life!"

A few of the nurses in the nurses station looked up surprised. I smirked triumphantly and followed after him as he sped up with with burning cheeks.

In the lobby, the nurse gave me a bag full of my things. Bloody clothes and the random items from my pockets. She'd also thrown in a couple of pamphlets for rehabs.