Chapter 10: The Worst Date In the History of Dates.

Hey guys, just a quick little author's note: Sorry for the lack of updates! I know, it's been 3 weeks, and we're SO sorry. That's why we have this 7 paged goodness for you guys, to apologize! 

Okay, let's get down to business! 

(P.S. I apologize for the language you may see in this chapter.)

Chapter 10: The Worst Date In the History of Dates.

When I came downstairs, Abel was gone. It wasn't like I took that long putting on a shirt and jeans; it took like 2 minutes. I looked around for him, only to find a note on the kitchen table. I sighed, typical Abel.

Skye,

I'm sorry that I had to leave so suddenly, but I wanted you to know that I had fun today. I didn't get a chance to say this, but please, please, please stay away from Cain. I can't say anything else, I've said too much already, but take my words to heart and avoid Cain. He's dangerous and I don't want you to be involved with him.

I stopped reading and frowned, involved? Abel thought I was dating Cain? Oh good lord.

I'll see you at school tomorrow.

Abel.

The letter had ended abruptly, much like how Abel had left abruptly. I ran my fingers through my hair in frustration, with a collection of profanities in my head. I knew something had happened between Cain and Abel, something big and "overly drastic" as Abel said, but I couldn't place my finger on what. Maybe Cain had slept with Abel's sister and dumped her? Probably, Cain was likely to do that.

As I considered the possibilities of what Cain could have done to Abel, I heard a strained voice coming from one of the guest room, the one where my mom stayed for the past few nights. I carefully placed my ear to the door and listened.

"I know, I know." said my mother in a very frantic voice. "I just wanted to see them." I almost snorted, yeah right. I was about to leave when something caught my attention, "David, I know. I'm sorry, but I had to, I had to see them one last time." One last time? What did she mean one last time? Anger boiled inside of me, I knew it, I knew this was too good to last, my mother was leaving us again, only this time, she wasn't coming back. 

I stomped away in anger so fast that I didn't hear my mother say, "I had to see them again before I die."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I woke up the next morning to the song "Animal" by Neon Trees. I instantly checked my schedule, no History. Today was going to be a good day.

Deciding what to wear for school was always a long and tedious process for me. Being the typical girl, I pick something out, get all the accessories for it, apply make up to complete the look, then at the last minute, I decide it's hideous and change again. Today was no exception.

After three outfit changes, I finally found the right outfit: A pink top with a black ruffle skirt, brown shoes and pink and brown accessories, and of course, my usual red lips. I didn't bother eating breakfast, since that would mean another conversation with my dear mother. I left the house in a hurry and drove to school. Before pulling out of the driveway, I saw my mother looking at me from the door. I cringed, suddenly feeling guilty. I quickly shook it off and gunned it, leaving my mother behind. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Since I didn't eat breakfast, I was early. I was the only one at school, other than some teachers and a few other students. I looked around for anyone I knew, only to slam into a very muscular wall.