Chapter 14: Deflowering Squirrels

"What the fu-"

"Oh dear, there you are." My mom quickly interrupted, her left eye twitching, which I presumed meant 'don't swear in front of your sister and guests'.

"These lovely boys dropped by looking for you." She gestured to Cain and Abel, who was going to get hell from me after I got them away from my family.

I looked at Abel and Cain, hoping to speak with my eyes and send them the universal sign for 'you son of a bitch', when Cain stood up and walked towards me with his arms open. I stood there like a deer frozen in headlights, completely caught off guard. What in the name of god was he doing? 

Suddenly I felt Cain's strong arms envelope me in a bear hug. I twisted and grimaced uncomfortably, since the last time Cain and I embraced he had knocked me out for a good 4 hours.

"What the hell are you doing?" I demanded in a whisper when my mouth was next to his left ear. 

"I missed you too, sweetie." Cain said loudly in a voice that made me question his sexuality.

I tried to make eye contact with Abel, hoping that his eyes might clear some of the confusion that clouded my head, but he refused to look at me and kept his gaze hard on the painting which I wished I could tear off the wall and beat Cain to death with as I figured out why Cain had called me 'sweetie'.

Holy shit. He's making it look like we're dating.

I can't believe he was still playing the 'dating' card, especially in front of my family. I considered outing him right there and then but that would result my mother calling the cops and my father filing a lawsuit and I'd be rid of Cain and Abel forever. That's what I want, right? So why didn't I say anything?

"So Cain tells me that you two are dating, why haven't you told us?" questioned my mother, who was oddly motherly and protective tonight. 

I was still smothered in Cain's embrace so my answer came a bit quieter than usual. "Forgot, must have slipped my mind." I swear I could feel Cain smirk in my hair. 

"Oooh, Skye has a boyfriend!" Squealed Sarah, who seemed to forget the fact that I have at least 10 dates a week. Keep in mind kids that there are only seven days in the week.

"Now, now, let's just a wait a bit." Interrupted my dad with his threatening dad voice, probably directed at Cain. "We should probably talk about this first." I scoffed at this, it's like he's ever cared about me before, so why care now? A part of me subconsciously realized that by going with the idea of dating Cain, I was rebelling against my parents, especially my dad. Now I know why guys prey on girls with daddy issues. 

I awkwardly pulled away from Cain (who was getting pretty comfortable there) and sat down next to my father. "Okay, we'll talk about this later, just us. Anyways, Cain and Abel probably has to go now, you know, go do brotherly stuff and whatnot." I stood up and tried to shoo them out when my mother grabbed my arm and smiled warmly, which was extremely out of character and slightly creepy. 

"Oh darling, come on, have a little heart, they're guests, they have to at least stay for dinner." She then looked at Cain and Abel with that look only mothers could manage. "Will you boys stay for dinner?" She didn't even wait for them to answer, and just took their silence as a yes. "Splendid. I'll have Sasha prepare dinner for 6! Oh Sasha!" She bounced off in a way that I've never seen nor ever want to see again. I guess we know where Sarah gets her delusional excitement from. And here I was thinking she just had a few screws loose.

I looked back at my dad and Sarah and announced that I was going to show Cain and Abel the garden before grabbing both of them by the shirt and shoving them outside.