Chapter 1

Chapter 1

        "I'm going to go walk to school, Mom!" I yelled up the staircase. I heard a muffled "okay" and a "be safe" from up the stairs before I opened the front door to our house. My mom always took a little more time getting ready than I did because she always had to pick up after my little brother. He was in eighth grade and he still couldn't take care fo himself. I sighed. When will he ever learn?

        My school wasn't too far away to walk to. On days when the sun was shining and it wasn't too cold, I liked to walk to school. Besides, I couldn't take the car if I wanted. My dad took our BMW convertible to his work in downtown Hollywood and my mom had to drive my brother to the doctor's. Nothing serious, just a checkup. That's why I'm still being sent off to school. 

        I shut our front door and hopped down the concrete steps. Once I was a block away from home, I pulled out my cellphone and started to text my best friend, Riley, who was already at school.

Riley: Where are you? U r usually here by now.

Crystal: Don't worry. I'm just walking to school today.

Riley: Do you want me to meet u? I could walk with u to school so u don't have to walk by yourself.

Crystal: That's ok. I'm only a block away. U just stay there and I'll see u soon.

        I was so focused into my texting that I bumped into someone. Hard. I lost my balance and fell flat on the cement side walk. The person I ran into seemed like they were expecting it so they reached a hand out and helped me up.

        "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to bump into you," I said as I looked up to meet the eyes of the most beautiful girl I had ever seen. She had white as snow hair and plae blue eyes. She was wearing a purple blouse with blue jeggings and silver flats. 

        Next to her stood a creature that made all the hot looking guys at my school look like turds in comparison. He had light blonde hair and was wearing a dark blue T-shirt that made his eyes pop. He wore baggy jeans that he paired with back converse.

        My attention was drawn back to the white haired goddess because she said something that I completely missed because I was gawking at the hottie next to her.

        "Um, what?" I asked.

        She let out a huff as if this happens to her all the time. "If you keep drooling over my mate, I'll never hear the end of his already huge ego."

        The guy next to her wrapped his hand around her waist and pulled her to him. "Oh come on.  I know you get jealous everytime I'm around females. I love seeing you flustered."

        "We aren't here to talk about my wanting to rip the young girl's head off. We're here to take her back with us, so stop getting me off track."

        "So you are jealous." He suddenly grinned a smile that was even wider than the cat from Alice in Wonderland. 

        "You've been spending too much time with Costin."

        At this point, I was so lost and confused that the only thing that I could think of was side stepping the couple and continue walking to school, hoping that they would forget me. They didn't.

        "And where do you think you're going, healer?" The white haired girl asked.

        "What's it to you? And why did you call me a healer?" I replied as I turned around to face the odd couple.