Chapter 21

Chapter 21

I found my Talen. Or did I? He has been acting very strange.
He's been getting me jewelry and all theses drawing supplies like crazy. Everyday, something new.

"Hey! Kora!! Here!! I got you this pearl ring and necklace!" I opened the door, finally annoyed with everything he was getting me. We aren't even going out and I take back what I said earlier.

This is not my Talen.

I stared him in the eyes, reading him. Sweat started to fall and his eyes wandered with his fake smile.

I raised my eye brow and nodded before shutting the door in his face. Oh yeah! I took the jewelry anyway. I put the pearls with the rest of my jewelry collection.

"Nina..He is going over board with all this. He is up to something I mean like I really thought he changed. I actually miss him."

My heart aches for him but I don't want him to know it.

School started in 5 minutes and Nina and I decided to skip today.

We weren't "feeling well." Today we planned on finding what Talen is up to.

"Hey Kora and Nina.." Jacqueline came walking in. "For the first time in months I have been called in for a photo shoot so I won't be home to watch you guys or take care of you. Since the both of you are sick, Talen volunteered to watch you guys." Our mouths dropped at the same time while Jacqueline shut the door and left in a hurry.

******

Medicine was brought to us and we just threw it to the side. We heard Talen's door shut and we jumped up heading out my door and to his. We put our ears to the door to listen.

"I can't keep doing this! I can't keep doing this to he-" His voice was cut off as he listened to the unknown person on the phone.

He waited for a response till he began speaking again.

"You will not lay a god damn finger on her! I will find you and I wil-"

I heard a smash and my inference is that he threw something at his wall.

We heard his foot steps coming closer to his door so we ran down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"Nina, did you hear that???" My eyes widened in shock and my heart cracked.

"Noo..i just put my ear to the door for no reason and looked around to the pretty wall paper!" She whispered screamed with a sarcastic tone. I stuck my tongue out at her and she did the same.

The kitchen door opened and we sat up straight messing with our hair acting "casual".

"You girls seem to be feeling fine." Talen smiled. I rolled my eyes and pushed passed him, bumping arms. He grabbed my wrist and I flipped his arm backwards, holding it behind him, banging his cheek into the kitchen wall.

"Kora, I will get my mom to kick your sorry ass out onto the streets if you don't let me go." He smirked thinking he actually was getting somewhere.

"Aww Talen, at least I don't need my mom to just kick your ass." I whispered into his ear laughing. I let him go walking out of the kitchen, listening to Nina laughing at what she just saw before her eyes.

I turned to Nina and I covered my mouth holding back a cry. I never thought that he would affect me the way he did. Nina ran over to me, hugging me while I sat there in shock and...emotions that I cant explain.

***Talen's P.O.V.***

I walked out of the kitchen, brushing my hands through my hair. I hate doing this. I hate it. I hate doing this to her. Im going to kill him for making hurt her. Im going to kill him even if it's the last thing I do.

***Nina's P.O.V.***

I held Kora for hours. I've been comforting her for hours and I just, feel like I'm going to end up crying because seeing her like this it just- it just kills me to see her so heart broken.

Before I knew it, Kora was asleep. I looked at her one last time before getting up. Tears were dried on her face and her eyes were puffy. I sighed before opening the door slowly and heading out into the hallway.

I knocked on his door and Talen stood there in seconds.

I crossed my arms and then spoke.

"You are going to tell me what the hell is going on right now. I am not asking you. I am telling you." My eyes death glared his. He looked out the door checking to make sure no one was out there. Well we were the only ones in this house so no need.

He grabbed the front of my shirt and pulled me in his room fast.

"I can't tell you everything. All that I can tell you is that I'm not intending to hurt her. I love Kora with all my heart and it kills me to do all this." Talen tried to explain.

"Why even do it?! If you don't want to-" He cut me off making me even more angrier.

"Do you want to die? Do you want Kora to die?" I shook my head. "Then shut the hell up and let me tell you what I'm allowed to say.

"If I don't do what I'm told then someone, anyone who lives in this house will be harmed. Badly. I will not put my family in harms way. Now you need to promise me that you do not tell Kora! She can't know or I will lose her and I can't lose her again. I just got her back. I cracked a week ago and-" He pulled up his sleeve showing a long cut.

My jaw dropped. Eyes widened. And brain bursted.

"I already paid the price." He pulled his sleeve back down.

I tried telling him to tell the police but that will only make things so much worse because not everyone knows that-

He stopped speaking while his phone rang. Caller ID. RESTRICTED

***Talen's P.O.V.***

•"Hello." I said.

"I told you not to tell anyone. I told you not to say a word or I would make someone you love suffer."

•"I didn't say the things that you told me not to say and that's, why you are doing this, why you are making me do this and who you are. I never said anything so shove that up your-"

"Ah.Ah.Ah. Language. Or I won't let you slide with this one Talen. Watch yourself. Because I'm coming."

The line ended and I dropped my phone to the floor. He won't stop till he gets what he wants..what he has always wanted.

.Her.

A/N Hey sorry that I'm switching POV's a lot in this chapter but I gotta do what I gotta do. Thank you so much for the votes and thank you so much for reading my book.
I really appreciate it.

Love you guys(: