Chapter 5

My mom was singing. I listened to her sing for hours. By then, I knew the words to all her songs and went to the studio so I could sing them in the mic and feel like she is with me and still apart of me.

There was a total of 12 songs. When I finished the last song, I sighed and walked out.

"Ahh!" I jumped back, banging my head against the wall. "You really need to stop doing that." I laughed.

"I'm sorry." He laughed with me. "I'll try to stop that. Is your head okay?" I nodded and smiled. "How long were you in here?" I asked curiously.

He smiled at me and said, "Long enough." He followed me back into my room.

"You can stay in here if you want. I need to take a shower." I grabbed clothes out of my drawer and walked to the bathroom. When I was about to close the door, Talen whispered something I could barely make out. I kept trying to figure out what he said when I was in the shower and changing into my clothes.

I slid my underwear on and then my favorite running shorts even though I wasn't going running. They were tight fitting. Then I slid my tank top over my head.

I walked out and to my surprise, Talen was still there. He stared at me and I put my head down blushing. I'm not so sure why. I soon realized that bruises shown on my legs and arms. I quickly tried to go get another top but Talen was too fast. He shut my drawer and looked at my bruises. I backed up and hugged my self.

I soon started to whimper a little bit and tried to make a run for the door. Talen stopped me and held me by my arms so I couldn't go anywhere.

"I-I want to be alone." More tears fell down my eyes slowly dropping to the floor at our feet.

"I made the mistake of leaving last time, I will not make that mistake again." He let go of my arms and I walked over to my drawer. I picked out long sweat pants and got out a jacket. I turned around and Talen looked at me. He walked up to me and butterflies flew into my stomach once again. He took my sweat pants and my jacket out of my hands and threw them on the floor.

"Please let me change. I don't want you to see me like this." I reached down to grab my clothes off the floor. Talen picked me up and placed me on the bed so that he was standing at the edge of the bed. My leg as were straddled out where he stood. He moved his body forward and placed his hand on each side of my head.

"You don't need to be afraid anymore. I won't let anyone hurt you Kora. Never. I love you too much to let that happen." I realized what he said and apparently he didn't know he said it. I stared into his eyes shocked.

"I'm sorry-" I cut him off when I moved my hands on his cheeks. I felt him blush. His skin was warm and it made me warm.

At this point, I started to get emotional. I never wanted Talen to see me like this. To come to think of it, everyone probably saw my bruises, I was in a bikini. I didn't want anyone to know. Ugh.

"He is going to find me and this time I'm not going to just get off with bruises. He will do much worse. I have never been so scared in my life." I cried. I moved my hands away from his cheeks and to my face. "He is going to find me Talen. He did it before, what's stopping him from doing it again but worse." Talen picked me up and we switched places. He sat on the bed and I was still in his arms with my legs wrapped around him so i didn't fall. I cried into his shoulder.

I started shaking of fright; Talen noticed and whispered something in my ear, "He will never get to you, I won't allow him to hurt you again. Ever. I will kill him if he lays a finger on you. If anyone of does. Always remember that I am here for you no matter what. I don't care if we get into a fight or if you are mad at me because I did something stupid; I'm always here and I will always be by your side Kora Legend, Always and Forever. Okay?"