Chapter 15

Hiya reader, long time no see. I don't like not being able to post at least once every week but I just got busy and didn't have time to post. No fear though because I got it done and here it is lol! I hope you like it. This will be Dominic and Nia's dad POV just to see how they react to the dreaded video (boo!)

Enjoy and don't forget to vote and comment!!!  :)

****************************************************************************

Dominic’s POV

            I ran my hand over my face and roughly pulled at my hair. My plate of food sat untouched in front of me. The noise of the room was loud and overbearing as other hunters talked about their trivial days, all convening in the large space for supper.

            I sat alone. Cody had come to sit with me but I told him to buzz off. I was in no mood for company and would apologize to him for my rude behavior later. I looked down at my food, a steak and mash potatoes. The steak was pretty rare and its red juices pooled at the bottom of my plate. I pushed it away gruffly, no longer hungry in the slightest.

            All I could think about was Nia and what had happened earlier today. I had a knock on my door pretty early this morning. I hadn’t been asleep long seeing as I had to wait until late to sneak into Nia’s room and move her to the bed. I probably shouldn’t have done that but at least she was asleep so I wouldn’t have to refuse her any help again.

            When I reached the door, I opened it to reveal my dad standing outside my bedroom. He rarely came to my room personally so I was instantly on guard. He told me to follow him and I listened without any hesitation. After a few minutes, I knew where we were heading. It didn’t take long for us to end up outside Nia’s cell door. Leaning against the wall was a tripod and a camera. My dad shoved them into my hands and opened the door.

            “Go set up the camera to face the wall where those chains are hanging,” he told me as he surveyed the room, undoubtedly noticing that Nia had been moved, however he didn’t remark on it. I halted in my pursuit after him. He must have realized it because he glanced back at me with a raised eyebrow.

            “What are you planning to do?” I asked, sure I wouldn’t like the answer but I had to ask. He turned his body fully to me this time and came to stand right in front of me. I stiffened at his closeness.

            “I am going to send a message to her father and pack. I’m sure a good whipping will break both her and her worthless dad. I need them  to be vulnerable in order for my bigger plan to work,” he said. His eyes flashed with excitement at what he was about to do but for me, it made my stomach turn slightly. I furrowed my eyebrows and a frown formed on my face.

            “I don’t think that’s smart,” I replied trying to get him to change his idea but he just straightened his back, pulling himself to his full height which was only an inch or two taller than me. From previous experiences with him, I knew he thought I was challenging his authority and he didn’t like it.

            “Well then it’s a good thing I didn’t ask your opinion on the matter. You will be the leader one of these days and you need to learn to get tougher. This hunter squadron can’t be run by a spineless leader,” he said. I felt myself bristle at his insult but before I could say anything the springs of the cot were heard and we both shifted our eyes in that direction. Nia was still laying there but her eyes were now on us.