Chapter 6

Hello, hello! I hope everyone is having a good week. Happy September!! It actually felt really great outside today which is good because I'm ready for the colder weather but I digress lol. Sorry for the tangent :) Anywho, this chapter is FULL of info for upcoming chapters to come so pay attention!

Pic of Bram (dad's beta) on the side ---->

Vote and Comment!!

***************************************************************************************************

         I sat on my bed, silent tears streaming down my face, as the realization of what I was reading hit me. I knew I was in a state of shock but I couldn’t shake it. It was like I was frozen in time, unable to move. Barely able to breathe past the knot that was slowly forming in my throat. The journal remained open on last entry. It wasn’t the last page of the journal. There were a lot of pages left but the owner didn’t fill them. She couldn’t.

            My dad had been keeping this journal the whole time in his office. He never told us that something like this even existed. It was basically a part of our mom. I mean, why keep this hidden? Did Jaxson even know? I felt kind of hurt by the fact that Dad would not share this, especially with me. Jaxson got to spend time with our mother. He was only two years older than me but I was five when she passed away. I barely remember her. Just glimpses of the past. Single shots of the night the hunters attacked and took her from our family. The journal doesn’t do much but it would kind of helps me know her better.

            Maybe I was overreacting. Dad wouldn’t have purposefully kept this from us. He probably was just being a guy and thought that it wasn’t a big deal. He probably hasn’t even realized it’s gone from the office shelf.

            I wiped off my tear stricken cheeks and closed the journal. I needed to talk to Dad about the journal and that night. I grabbed the journal and made my way carefully down the stair towards his office. I must have been reading the journal and thinking longer than I thought because I couldn’t hear any sound coming from the office. The door was cracked so I stuck my head in but no one was there. I focused my hearing and heard a small sound coming from the kitchen.

            Walking in, I noticed my dad was standing on the far side of the room. He had a coffee mug in one hand and would take sips of it occasionally. His attention was out the window where I could see my brother and some of his friends playing a game of football. As I studied my dad’s profile, I could see some changes.

            His usually well-kept hair was a little longer than normal. The stubble that often adorned his face had grown out slightly giving the would-be beard more substance. His shoulders slouched slightly, hinting to me that he was stressed. I took a step back. I didn’t want to burden him with anything else. Maybe this talk could wait. Before I could take another step back so that I was out of sight, he spoke.