Chapter 1

Okie dokie so chapter 1. This is where everything is set up. Don't forget to check out the cast on the side. I think some of the guys are extra sexy :) The picture is of our main character Nia --->

Vote and Comment

***************************************************************************************************

           The woods were alive with the sounds of animals as I padded through the underbrush. The heat was almost unbearable considering it was a night in early June. In the clearing, I could make out the shape of a young deer. It was alone and probably got lost from its mother.

          I lowered myself, my stomach sweeping the ground. The deer’s ears pricked up listening for any sign of danger.  Lucky for me I had been trained well to be stealthy. I crawled across the earth, staying as silent as a wolf can. You are all mine, I thought internally smiling. My muscles coiled ready to spring at the unsuspecting prey.

            As my legs were about to lunge at the deer, a howl sounded from not too far away successfully spooking the deer. A small growl emitted from my throat. A howl sounded again. I recognized it as my brother. He’s going to get it, I thought turning and making my way back towards home.

            It wasn’t a long journey and once I reached the edge of woods, I let my muscles contort until I was back in my human form. Quickly I pulled on my clothes and threw my dark brown hair into a ponytail. The moonlight shone on the several houses of the surrounding pack members. There were about a hundred members. My house, the Alpha’s house, was located in the middle of the huge clearing that my pack settled in.

Our pack, the Valorean pack, was situated about two miles from the closest city. We still go to school in the city but the summer had just begun so we rarely left now. We had to pretend we were normal but we were far from it. This pack is one of shifters, all wolves. It’s a common animal to shift into but there are others. None around here but they were out there in the world living the same secret life we are.

 While the pack was brimming with younger kids, none of them were outside. They aren’t allowed outside at night. Really no one was. Not since that night so many years ago. I shook my head of such thoughts and continued to my house. You see, the pack had a curfew unless the fighters were out. I wasn’t a fighter by occupation but I was good. My father had taught me. He wanted me to be prepared in case of an attack.

“Where have you been?” my father demanded after I closed the front door behind me. I turned to see him standing in the living room doorway, arms crossed over his chest and a scowl on his face. It hadn’t been the first time I had been out past curfew but he was never this mad usually. My brother, Jaxson, lounged on the couch. He looked my way with a sly smirk as I walked closer.

“Ah, baby sis. So nice of you to join us,” he said. I narrowed my eyes at him. He knew where I was and yet he still called for me. Dad might have never known I was out of the house if it wasn’t for him. He never failed to get me in trouble. I swear it was his passion in life to do so.