Chapter 12

Here we go another chapter for the week!! I hope you guys are having a good weekend because I am since I'm on break from school but unfortunately I'm going back tomoroow so the updates will most likely go back down to once a week. The picture on the side is of Cody who is Dominic's best friend. We get to see more of him in this chapter :)

ENJOY!! Vote and comment!

**********************************************************************************

               I blinked my eyes several times, hoping that I had somehow fallen into a horrible dream but every time they reopened, Dominic was still there. My brain seemed to slowly process the fact that he was the son of Michael. The same guy that had flirted with me and let me go came from such a terrifying man.

            There was no way that they could have the same genes. Michael looked so psychotic and mean. Dominic had been very, for a lack of knowing him better, friendly. But staring at him now, it was like he was an entirely different person.

            His blue eyes, while still their magnificent shade, were now cold and distant. He barely showed any kind of emotion. Did he recognize me? He must because I was sure it was him. Where in the cavern he showed compassion, now I wasn’t so sure that I would receive the same here in this cell of a room.

            But why would he show me anything other than hate? Growing up around a man full of hatred for my kind must have rubbed off on him. Secretly, after he let me go I thought he was different from the other hunters. Maybe he was the type of person that would change how the hunters saw us and vise versa. That had been my brain trying to overcome the fact that he was in fact a hunter and, in turn, my enemy. I didn’t want him to be.

            That part of me felt sick now. My heart gave a painful lurch. Even though he was a hunter, I had foolishly felt almost like I could have trusted him. Stupid me. I tried to recover from all the emotions coursing through my body. I rearranged my face to make it look emotionless but something in Dominic’s eyes let me know that I had slipped up. He had seen everything before I could contain it.

            Michael patted Dominic on the shoulder making it all too real that they were related. My mind was screaming at me to except it but there was a nudging from my heart that didn’t want to. Michael sent me a smirk, taking my silence for something other than what it was.

            “This is my son Dominic. If I’m correct, you’re about a year younger than him. He’ll be taking over for me in a few years,” Michael said looking once again at his son before turning his full attention back to me. “He’ll be in charge of mostly everything when it comes to you. Food, water, some punishments, and taking care of your injuries but I doubt you’ll get much assistance on that,” he continued with a booming laugh. I flinched slightly at what he was hinting at. They were just going to torture me than not help me heal. I’d probably die of an infection before anything else.