Chapter 5

Ok everyone, here is Chapter 5. You get to find out whose journal Nia found in her dad's office O_o I hope you all enjoy!!

Vote and Comment! :)

*************************************************************************************************************

Travis’s POV (Nia and Jaxson’s Dad)

            I ran my hand over my hair and down my face. Bram and I had been in my office for several hours now discussing new developments. We hadn’t had any problem with the hunters in a few weeks. It had been the most relax I had been in years up until recently. 

            The hunters have been on the move again. They were all around our territory but they hadn’t found the pack houses yet but I’m afraid that it won’t be long. We’ll have to go out on another mission in order to lead them away in a few days if they come any closer. Some of the ones on patrol have reported that they have been shot at already. I didn’t want anyone getting hurt.

            “What are you thinking Travis?” Bram asked looking up from the maps. The once clean map was now spotted and lined with different colors indicating movements by the hunters. There didn’t seem to be any sort of pattern in how the hunters were approaching their hunt and my eyes were getting tired of looking at it all.

            “We are going to keep this to ourselves until absolutely necessary. There’s no need to cause alarm if it isn’t needed right away,” I replied with a sigh. I slumped down into my desk chair and leaned back.

            “And Nia? I’m sure you saw that she knew something was up,” Bram joked with a small laugh.

            I let out a chuckle of my own and rubbed my forehead. “Yes, my daughter is quite the observant one. She’s hardheaded so I’m sure she will figure it out but I’ll get her to remain silent about it,” I said looking at him.

            Bram looked tired. He had been in this office with me for several hours now. It still amazes me how great of a friend he has been over the years, not just my beta. We were best friends. I actually met my wife, Rebecca, through him. When she died, his family was there for us. He treats Jaxson and Nia like it were his own kids since he can’t have kids with his own wife. It happens and it’s unfortunate but he’s a strong person. I consider him to be the only one besides my kids to give me advice on the affairs of the pack. Sometimes I think he’d make a better alpha than I do.

            “Well we know where she gets that from,” Bram said giving me a pointed look. I smiled softly. Rebecca used to say the same thing. Nia is a spitting image of her mother. Long, dark hair. Big hazel eyes. Lightly tanned skin. The only thing she got from me was her attitude. We could tell right away that she’d be a hard one to handle but she’s turned out beautifully.

            “I think we should call it a night. I’ll have Jaxson sit in on our meeting with the other pack members tomorrow so no mention of the hunters’ movements,” I said folding up the maps and stuffing them in the drawers. He gave me a nod and then left, closing the office door behind him. I could faintly hear the front door close a few minutes later.