Chapter 26

Yay another update!!! I hope all of you are doing well. This week is going by so slow for me. I have some time and I'm trying to upload at least one more time before Sunday. There are only two more chapters to go: one regular chapter and an epilogue. I can't believe it's almost at an end!!

Vote and comment! Enjoy!!

*******************************************************************************

Dominic’s POV

            Nia’s pack was obviously less than welcoming but it was understandable. Cody and I were hunters after all. I could tell Cody was nervous. He about had a heart attack when they grabbed us when we first talked to Nia’s father. Luckily, I apparently said the right thing so that he would let us help.

            Alpha Ward and Jaxson watched my every move. After my confession of love for Nia, I wasn’t surprised. How could I, a hunter meant to kill shifters, fall in love with one? It’s not exactly how I wanted to tell her family or her in general. I mean, why was I even worried? I promised I would leave after the fight. I wasn’t even supposed to meet her family and yet here I was.

We were screwed up. A shifter and a hunter wanting to be together is nearly unheard of. I still wasn’t sure what she felt since she never told me but hopefully me risking my life would prove to her that I wasn’t lying, Who am I kidding? I don’t know how the whole shifter culture works. Maybe she’s already with someone. I didn’t even ask her. I just assumed that she was single. I guess I would deal with that when the time come. First we had to get Nia back and in safe hands.

While we weren’t fully trusted, the pack worked with us. We were able to tell them everything including the location and what they could expect. They gathered all the fighters of the pack, an impressive number. It was odd traveling with them. The only ones that didn’t shift were Jaxson and Alpha Ward. They wanted to be able to communicate with me and Cody along the way as well as anyone they ran into. The rest that were following and flanking us were in their wolf forms.

Cody and I walked behind the two members of Nia’s family. Alpha Ward told us that once we got there, to stay out of sight. He didn’t want my father to see us and catch on to what was going on. Along the way, we grabbed the weapons we had hide out in the woods. I got a skeptical look but I just shrugged them off. I may have gone into the shifter territory unarmed but we were going to war. I wasn’t going in without some sort of protection.

I knew that once we started our journey there would be hunters watching and it seemed that Alpha Ward did as well. They’d know we were coming and most likely meet us along the way. So when we reached the meadow that I knew was near the base, it didn’t come as a shock that they were waiting on the other side for us.