Chapter 21

okay so 40 comments, hmmm. this chapter has to have 45 to be posted right?

if you're reading this, then the book now has 45 comments.

Accomplishment.

so 55 for the nexxt chappie?? i think yas. :)

currently driving back home from my aunts house for like 6 hours. i have a hair ache because my hair has been up for a while, and im having stomach visits from mother nature. I'll try to write fast, but i get car sick when i write or read or anything really so it most likely won't happen.

Story::::::

My feet pad loudly against the ground as I run towards the car. Maddy had thrown me the keys a minute ago so that I could get to the car first.

Braxton has the spare key.

Maybe, I should explain this. (Just Maybe) Our competition revolves around who gets back to the house first, with all of the scavenger items on camera.

Maddy and I, got all of our items about twenty minutes ago. We would've left earlier except we were ambushed by my brother and my boyfriend. This is how it went down.

"Alright. Let's get to the car and beat them home. We can call then from the house and rub it in there faces, but we need to lea-"
"Ahh!" Maddy's sentence is interrupted by her own scream.
I whip around to look for the reason and I immediately see a large body and arms that belong to my brother wrapped around Maddy's waist.

My thoughts immediately go to Braxton, and that he must be close by.

"Van! Take the keys!" Maddy screeches at me, and soon after that I'm hit in the face by car keys. Except, I don't catch them like a normal person. Nope, they end up falling straight down my V-neck t-shirt, into my bra.

"Run, Vannah! He's right behind you!"

Braxton wasn't even right behind me, he was like five feet away, but I guess it was the right kick of adrenaline I needed to get me running.

As I bolt away, I hear my brother screaming at Braxton that he better just turn back now because "those crusty hands won't get near his sister's
Chest."

He stuttered a bit on the last word.

Anyway, that's how I got here, sprinting for my life towards the car.

I can almost reach it, just a couple more yards.

I can hear Braxton's footsteps behind me, only a couple feet away.

I reach the car, but I make a last second decision and dart around the the other side, stick the key into the passenger door and pull it open.

I jump inside and quickly try to close it, but Braxton pulls it from the other side. Mind you, this situation is actually pretty hilarious. I'm kneeling in the passenger seat and pulling on the door with all of my life force behind it, While my boyfriend is pulling on the other side trying to rip me from the car so he can win a scavenger hunt.

Life is great.

I let go of the door with one hand, releasing half my force with it, and roll down the window. I stick my foot through it, and slowly but surely, kick Braxton repeatedly until he falls down. I shut the car door and then I'm pulling my foot back into the car when all of a sudden, my foot is grasped. Like super hard. It's being pulled down and out of the window and I'm forced to stand up so it doesn't hurt as badly. But I can't stand up because it's a car and I'm a human being.

I suddenly get a brilliant idea as I smack my head off the ceiling of the car. Ironically, the light turns on just as I get the idea. I pull my foot as close to the window as I can, and run the heel of my shoe on the top of the window. Miraculously, my shoe falls off. I hear a smack and then a groan and I roll up the window and climb into the Drivers seat, relocking the doors as I do so.

I start the car and am about to drive off when my window starts getting banged on.

"Baby!" His pleading eyes are begging me to let him in,"Open the door! We can both win-"

I drive off, accomplishing many things all at once.

One, I got away from Braxton.

Two, I ran over the toe of Braxton's boot.

Three, I also ran over a squirrel.

I heard curses coming from behind me, followed by my screams when I realized I had ran over a squirrel.

I ran over a squirrel!

I make a U-turn and drive towards where Maddy and my brother were last.

I see them, Maddy is running towards me at full speed and Brad is right behind her, face red and his shaggy hair blowing in the wind.

I make a two second decision and slam on the brake, turning the car so the passenger side door is right in Maddy's path.

Her eyes widen but she understands what she needs to do.

As soon as the car stops, she slows down her running and soon enough, she's climbing into the seat.

"That was epic! It felt like we were in a scene from some action movie!" Maddy gushes.

"I know! I didn't think I could pull that off." I respond as I drive out of the empty parking lot and towards home.

Madilyn and I just talk and make fun of the guys as we drive home.

When we reach the house, I receive a call from my brother.

"Van, how are we supposed to get home? It's the middle of winter! There is snow on the ground and you left us at the stupid Park! How dare you! Oh when I get home I'm going to-" He starts off.

"Brad. We literally live five minutes away from the park driving so you can walk home. You've walked around all day, I'm sure you can handle walking home for ten minutes. And your all bundled up, like the baby you are, so calm down. And think of this as a time to bond with Braxton! You can get to know him, and who knows! You two might become friends. Also, tell Braxton I'm sorry about running over his foot. So-"

"Is that your brother?" Maddy asks as she follows me into the kitchen.

"Uh, yeah."

"Tell him I said to quit being a baby! Man up or no kisses for you!" She yells in my direction.

Her declaration places a grin onto my face and I resume my conversation.

"Anyway, did you hear her?", "Yeah I heard her." He grumbles in response.
"Okay anyway, take her advice. Suck it up, be a man, and get home soon! I love you both alright? Bye!"
I giggle and hang up on him.

We unpack the camera and look through our scavenger pictures. I walk upstairs and put the camera on my nightstand.

As I'm walking back downstairs I hear,

"Let's make a cake!"
And, "Vannah, why did you only have one shoe on earlier?"

I see her throwing her hands up in the air and pulling out ingredients.

I groan but help her take everything out, and smirk at her in answer to her question.

Thats how we spend our day. Just baking and such until the boys come home, then we turn on the TV and watch some football.

Life is pretty good. I have a loving home and family, and a boyfriend. A great boyfriend. I've always been happy with my life but now I feel really accomplished.