Chapter 3

SOMEWHAT CRAPPILY EDITED 8/19/15

Pls keep reading. I know it isn't particularly good yet, but it will get better. Thank you!

*******************************************************

As I walked in the door of my house, I was smacked in the face with the aroma of men's cologne.

That could only mean one thing.

My big brother is home!

"AHH!" I squealed as I ran into the kitchen.

"Vannie!" That would be my brothers nickname for me.

"Braddy!" His real name is Brad but he's a father figure in my life, he raised me, sacrificing his child hood until grams took us in.

Brad picked me up and spun me around all the while squeezing the life out of me with his wrestler arms.

"I do hope you realize.. I..Can't..Breathe.." I choked out.

"Oh I'm so sorry Vannie, I've just missed my little sissy!"

Cue the slap.

"Ow, mVannie can pack a punch."

"Shut up brad!" I giggled. My brother is the only person who can get me to giggle.

"Well back to the real question, why are you here? Don't get me wrong I'm very happy you are. it's just..random." I asked.

"Well Vannie, I'm on break for a couple days because my frat brothers burnt down our dorms." He stated like it was the most natural thing in the world.

"Sounds fun." I added a wink.

"So are there any guys in your life? Other than Dylan of course, oh and Andrew."

He's such an over protective brother.

Not. He just wants to make fun of me.

"Dylan and Andrew and like my brothers just like you! And no there are none, and I don't plan on letting any guys into my life thank you very much." I stated matter-of-factly.

"That's my girl, horrified by the opposite sex. You sure you're not lesbian?"

He merely chuckles at my horrified expression. (I don't have a problem with lesbians, or gays. lots of my friend like the same sex. I'm merely saying that in this book she doesn't want to be seen as one. No offense intended.)

"Still with mads? I swear you better not have messed up that relationship." I threaten.

"Yes mads and I are still together. Jeesh it's as if you like her more than me!" Brad practically screamed it at me, all the while poking my forehead.

"Well she is the only other girl in this family besides me and grams." I point out.

"Oh you love all your male cousins, and all your uncles." He not so kindly yet again, pokes my forehead.

"Yes I do, but it's refreshing to have a girl. Don't mess that up, I love Maddy, she's my favorite of your girlfriends." I remind him, flicking his forehead in the process.

"She loves you too. And I'm glad you two get along."

"Yeah, yeah. Well homework to do, friends to see. Places to go, bye!"

I prance out of the room, up the stairs, and fall face first onto my bed. Thank you feet, your clumsiness never ceases to amaze me.

A couple hours later, after the homeworks done, my phone beeps.

It's Facebook.

'Friend request from Braxton Gregory'

'Accept or ignore'

It's taunting, me I swear.

I quickly press ignore, and text Nickie that I'm ready to go.

5 minutes later, My phone beeps.

I'm outside.- Nickie

On my way!- Vannah

I walk to the car, and get in the passenger side.

Kalie and Dylan are in the back.

Dylan looks nervous, Kalie is checking herself out in the mirror, and I'm on my phone. Playing flappy bird.

In case your wondering, we're all going to Starbucks; it's a routine we have after school to relieve ourselves from the stress, and just hang out.

When we arrive, I get out first and stroll In to find a table.

I find one that will hold all of us and it's closer to the back and it's a booth.

I go and sit down while Dylan gets our orders.

"Why do you smell like a dude?" Kalie asks.

"Brads home!" I squeal.

"Aww! I know how much you've missed him Vannah." She says.

"Yeah. But I'm glad I've got other brothers too, like Andrew and Dylan." I state.

"Speaking of Andrew and Dylan..." She trailed off at the end.

"Huh?"

"We kinda invited Andrew to our Starbucks day.." She chokes the words out.

"Oh that's fine! Andrews great, I don't mind." I say nonchalantly.

"Oh! Great! I know how sacred this is to you, but Andrews becoming a part of or group and I just-"

I cut her off. "Kals, it's cool! Yeah they're sacred to me but Andrew and you guys are too! Don't worry. I'm fine with it! Really, I am."

With that, I turn around to see Dylan coming back with the same nervous expression as before, joined by Andrew.

"Hey guys!" I chirp.

"Hey!" Andrew says.

Dylan sets the coffee down and stands awkwardly to the side.

"Dylan? What's up?" I ask.

"Hmm? Oh nothing. Vannah? Can I talk to you outside?" He tripped over his words.

"Yeah." I say.

we walk outside, and he doesn't say anything, just looks lost In thought.

"Hey Dyl?"

"Oh yeah sorry."

"Why'd you bring me out here?" I ask.

"I don't want you seeing Braxton anymore."

Did I hear him right? What the heck. Im not seeing him!? Ew how can he think that!?

"What!? I am not "seeing" Braxton! No, no, no, no, no. What happened in the hallway was literally the only time he's acknowledged my existence and I didn't like it at all! I can't believe you thought I.. We.. Ew." I breathed out all in one big breath.

"Well jeez. I'm sorry, Vannah. I shouldn't of assumed that." He apologized.

"I'm not mad but you really need to use that brain of yours, Dyl. God no me and that egotistical maniac? No thank you." I explain to him.

"That's my Vannah." He says with a smirk.

"Oh shut up, Dyl, you know how I am."

He chuckles and slings an arm over my shoulder and we walk in together.

When Nickie dropped me off that night, I went upstairs, and went straight to bed.

Today was long, eventful, and stressful, and I wanted to sleep it off.