Chapter 17

Our first date wasn't awkward at all.

I mean I didn't expect it to be, but I thought he'd hold back just a little bit.

Nope. He went full throttle and decided this was the time we tell eachother every dirty secret.

He started off by asking what my favorite color was.

Yes, Braxton Gregory, the bad boy, wants to know my favorite color.

Fan me.

We just sat in the old diner, because Starbucks was being remodeled, for about an hour and a half, talking.

Just talking about anything and everything that had to do with ourselves.

And then somehow we got on the topic of what we liked about each other and it started this conversation.

"I like your eyes. They aren't one specific color, just a mix." He tells me as he shares right into my eyes.

"Yeah? Well I like your face, cause it's cute.", I tell him as I pinch his cheeks.

He chuckles and blushes, yes, Blushes.

Braxton grabs my hand from across the table and holds it, smiling at me the whole time.

"Ah. Young Love. I remember when I was young, in love with Jack." An old woman tells us as she walks by, grasping a container full of ashes. I blush, because well, love? Are we in love?
I don't think so. We've only been together for a short amount of time. Do I love him? I mean I have a strong like for him, but I don't know about love. To be honest, the thought of love kind of scares me.

Braxton blushes and looks down at the table, while I just laugh at her statement to cover up my embarrassment.

She walks away after shooting us one last smile, and leaves us to drink our coffee, or in my case, tea, in peace.

But the peace doesn't last long.

"Van! I've been looking everywhere for you! Why did you leave the Diner?"

When i hear his voice, I immediately go stiff, my eyes widen and my breathing shakes. Braxton inhaled sharply and then he's on the other side of the table, standing protective in front of me.

"Leave her alone West."

"Van?" West looks at me with pleading eyes, but the dialation and red rims of them makes his case invalid.

I shake my head at him and stand up behind Braxton.

"Your lucky we didn't call the police with this. If you ever come near Kalie, Nickie, and Especially Savannah, I will not hesitate to contact them, after I'm through with you. Leave, now." Braxton tells him, leaning forward and looking intently at his eyes.

"Sav...." West starts, but is quickly cut off my Braxton roaring, "Leave now!"

He walks out of the cafe with a sad look in his eyes, moping.

Braxton turns around as soon as he's gone and pulls me towards him. Hugging me desperately, like I'm his lifeline. He takes deep breathes, calming himself down.

When we're done, I walk out hand in hand with Braxton, trying to ignore the states of all the cafe's occupants.

We walk out to the vet in silence.

Our first real date was ruined.

"How about we do this again? Not today. But maybe when it all blows over we can go on a real first date. I'll take you..somewhere...for dinner. Okay Van?" Braxton asks as we reach my houses gates.