Chapter 16

I woke up the next day on top of Kalie on the floor.
No comment on how this position occurred.
I groan and roll off of her, slowly making my way down the stairs.
Grandma, Dacey, and Rory left on Monday night to visit my family on my dad's side.she should be back next Monday. Rory and Dacey just asked so they wouldn't have to go to school. Lucky ducks.
I make myself some bacon, then make some more for the girls because they'll yell at me if I don't.
I pop some of those toastable waffles into the toaster and wait for them to cook.
I walk back upstairs, munching on some bacon, and smack Kalie and Nickie with a pillow.
"Get up, it's time to eat."
I seriously am not a morning person and if they won't get up they're keeping me from my food.
I hear them groaning and a couple of curse words mumbled my way but I brush it off as I walk downstairs again.
I plug my iPod into the IHome and turn on Three Doors Down by Hinder.
I start moving around the kitchen, dancing and singing to the beat.
At the end of the Chorus, I jump onto the counter and stand up. We'll I try to stand up but I wobble just a little bit.
I throw one hand up into the air, narrowly missing the fan as I do so, and then start to air guitar.
I hear someone giggle, causing me to jump, into the route of the fan, and get smacked a couple times by the blades. Which then causes me to lose my balance on the edge of the granite counter top, and flail my arms viciously around me, desperately trying to regain my balance.
I finally do, and glare down at Kalie and Nickie as they stand there with shocked yet amused faves plastered on, with their phones still recording.
"Babe, I didn't know you could move like that."
My eyes widen as I jump at Braxton's words and yet again, jump (because yeah I'm paranoid can you blame me?) about three feet in the air, losing my balance and not being able to regain it this time.
I fall backwards with an earsplitting shriek, flailing and moving my arms in an attempt to grab anything that could save me.
"Vannah!" I hear about three voices yell all at once and then i hit the ground.
My back hits first, not hard enough to break anything( we were only about 3 feet off the ground) but hard enough to knock the wind out of me. Like alot.
So I just layed there for a couple seconds, trying to refill my lungs with air.
After I did that, I groaned and rolled over onto my stomach and with my eyes closed told them all,
"I know your all looking at me, and I honestly don't care, just someone pick me up and take me into the living room with my waffles. Oh and Braxton, if your not going to tell me then you might as well leave now.". I tell them all of this with my eyes closed trying to even my breath out again.
I hear a chuckle, a groan and then I'm picked up and layed down on someone's chest.
Do I even need to say who that someone was?
Dylan, of course.
Please, please don't take that seriously or I will doubt how the human race gave us Albert Einstein even more than I already do.
"Babe. I'm going to tell you why now.", Braxton tells me when I still don't open my eyes of make any move to respond to the fact that I'm literally on top of him.
"Van."
"Sav."
"Princess."
"Kitten."
"Clumsy."
That got me to respond.
I groan and look up at him, "Did you just call me Clumsy?"
He rolls his eyes at me and I take the chance to look around. Kalie and Nickie aren't in here with us. Where did they go?
"Oh them? They're being Umm.. Occupied by Brylon and Ricky." Braxton tells me as he practically reads my mind, shivering at the same time I do at the thought of our friends doing anything.
I just shake my head and place it back on his chest.
A chuckle rumbles through it, vibrating through my chest also.
"Well anyway," His voice turns serious, "The reason why, and I've been seriously thinking about this because I don't even know what to do about it. I couldn't tell you because I didn't know of it would put you in danger or not," Oh. "But I'm going to tell you anyway because I've hired some people to watch you. Not follow, you still have freedom, they just are going to be there in case someone tries to get to you or the girls. And the reason I'm doing this, is because I had a suspicion that West was with the guys that are after me. And before you ask, yes I do know how cliche this sounds. But no I'm not in a gang. Or a werewolf." He grins at me and I find myself smiling back at him. "I just..lost myself when my dad died. His death created a hole in my life that I tried to fill with anything, drugs, drinks and clubs. Parties were daily and I rarely went to school. That's most likely why I got this reputation. But after a while, I got really involved with some bad people. It was a group of people that hated my father and persuaded me into doing bad stuff. I was younger and a lot more dumb. I did everything they told me to. Which ended up getting me into a lot of trouble. Anyway, the police told me that if I ratted them out, I'd go free. Well of course I ratted them out. They just used me, and I realized that in the interrogation room. So I've basically been waiting for a while for them to send some of their members after me." He tells me. He runs his hand through his hair and looks at the floor then at me, watching me warily, waiting for a reaction.
"Brax. Hey look at me," I guide his face up to meet my eyes, "I'm.. Scared I guess. But we can get protection from them. This isn't your fault Okay? You didn't know what to do with yourself. You chose yourself over people that used you. That doesn't make you at fault. Okay? So calm down because this wasn't your fault and the only person that blames you is yourself. So stop it." I tell him as I poke his chest for emphasis.
He lowers his eyes to the floor and suddenly yells to me, "We need to go out. I mean, we're dating, but we haven't really gone on any dates. We're going on one right now!" He yells excitedly.
I deadpan, "Bruh. I look like crap. I just woke up. So nah. We can tommorow or something." then I yawn and snuggle back into the couch.
He sighs and lifts me up.
He sets me down upright onto the floor and squishes my cheeks.
"You. Me. Starbucks. 1 hour. I'll wait down here Clumsy." He tells me, pinching Mt checks with every pause.
I just groan, knowing there is not was to get out of doing this today.
I trudge upstairs, Groaning loudly the whole way up.
An hour later, Braxton bursts into the bathroom as I'm putting on the last of my make up.
I just raise an eyebrow at him as I begin outing everything away.
"And what would you have done if I was actually going to the bathroom?" I ask him as I shove my make up bag under the sink.
"I would've walked out immediately because I'm a good gentleman." He tells me with a bright smile on his face, nodding eagerly at me.
I can't help it, I burst out laughing and pay his head decays at this moment he looks exactly like a dog.
"Oh Brax. You kill me.",I tell him and dramatically put a hand to my chest and inhale deeply.
Don't tell anyone but half the reason I was inhaling was because Braxton smelt really good.
My creeping inhaling quickly turns into a gasp as he spins me around so my back is pressed against his front, and my hand is in his which is wrapped around my body.
"That's my job, Babe." He whispers as he bends from the side and pecks my lips.
"Braxton! You wiped the blush off my face." I laugh as I wipe it off of his and try to reapply it to my face.
"Eh. You don't need it anyway, Princess."
And then he's pulling me out of the bathroom and down the stairs.

Not edited, obviously. Um 2.5K reads for the next chappie!