Chapter 34: Looking Glass

"Mikoto." Yuki gasped as he recognised the voice, trying to turn around but the chains gave him the barest of room to move in.

"So you still remember my name." Mikoto growled and attempted to step towards Yuki.

There was a small flurry of movement and Yuki heard the familiar click of a loaded gun. Whoever had drawn his weapon, Yuki knew it was aimed at Mikoto.

"Mikoto, the infamous street gangster Mikoto. You are rumoured to have ties with military." Feifeng chuckled. "What brings you to our little flower? This is a private meeting."

"Since he is yours, I suppose I can claim his debt off you then?" Mikoto growled, raising an eyebrow. "Let's start at ten million shall we? In dollars."

"What would you have paid ten million for?" Massaki asked.

But it was Yuki who answered, "My life."

And there was silence in the room.

"You're not going to tell me why, are you?" Massaki growled, fisting his hand in Yuki's hair drawing a small whimper from the man's lips.

Yuki stayed silent and the grip on his hair tightened. The male bit down on his lower lip, refusing to let another sound escape.

"We have a contract." Mikoto said, with a cruel smirk on his face. "To buy himself out of a deal he took, he must pay for it through another."

"He took a contract to kill you a while ago and without the closure of a contract, it's considered a loss to the organisation. To pay for the loss, he has to take another contract." Mikoto continued, his voice gradually filled with a cynical glee. "He took a contract to be my whore. For me to use as much as I want, to kill my enemies, to obey my wish and command so that he can keep his life. Or the organisation will declare him excommunicated."

"So he chose life as a slave to another master over death?" Feifeng said, a steely note in his voice.

"I wouldn't call it life as a slave but I guess that would sum it up quite well. He will serve his bond for as long as he lets you live." Mikoto let out a bark of laughter. "He won't kill you. Because somehow you've got him to care about you."

"Please." Yuki pleaded. "Please, just let me go with Mikoto. And we'll pretend this never happened."

"Shut up!" Mikoto spat and Yuki grit his teeth. "You're just a toy for me to pass my time. As you were for him."

"I'll pay you his bond. And the contract will be mine." Massaki said quietly and Feifeng shot him a sharp look.

"Don't be rash." The Chinese boss warned. "That's a lot of money. Over a billion yen."

"Do you know what the body of this man can do?" Mikoto grinned, lighting up a cigarette. "Very much worth the slightly large price tag."

"I know very well what he can do." Massaki growled.

"Oh do you?" Mikoto matched Massaki in tone. "You know you're buying over a killer, a spy, an assassin? Some who has already betrayed you once."

Yuki felt his body grow cold. There was no way Massaki was going to let that go. He taken the man hostage when there was no other option. What the Russian mob that Chaos worked for had been after what something that only he and Mugen had control over yet somehow Mugen seemed to have disappeared from the grid.

"Are you taking the deal or not?" Massaki asked again, his voice getting colder by the second.

"There's interest to be paid as well." Mikoto sneered.

"Just name your price and I'll have the money wired to you."

Mikoto made a sound as if in indignation at how Massaki was simply brushing him off. But the gang leader also knew that his bargaining chips were too small when it came to the two men who were standing in the room. He would lose Yuki temporarily but he was sure to come up with another way to get the male back now that he knew how much he was worth.

"You win this time." Mikoto said with a sour expression. "We'll be in touch with the transfer of the deed. I hope buying the same man who shot you is worth that hefty price tag."

With that, he signalled for his men to leave the premises. It was only after they were sure the gangster had left the building that Feifeng finally decided to break the silence.

"Are you mad?" He asked Massaki, his voice on the verge of shaking with barely contained anger. "You know these street kinds. They will use some underhanded method to get back at you."

"Let him try." Massaki sighed as he lit another cigarette staring down at the sorry sight of an assassin.

"You've bitten off more than you can chew this time. Does he really mean that much to you?"

Yuki cringed at that comment. How many times had he put the other male in danger? He had even gone as far as shooting him. Yet, Massaki was always bailing him out time and time again. How could he even return to face the older man? He had no explanation for his behaviour at the safe house. It was merely a desperate attempt to escape and it had been his own transgression that he had dragged Massaki into that mess.

"Why did you do that?" Yuki finally spoke, his throat burned with every word. "You know Mikoto is going to use this as a reason to take you down."

"That's my business. Its none of your concern." Massaki said as he reached down to unbuckle the blindfold.

It took a moment for Yuki to adjust to the light in the room, the first rays almost blinding him. When his vision finally returned, he found himself gazing right into those storm coloured eyes and he felt his heart skip a beat. Each time they reconnected, Yuki could never deny that flutter in his chest. Each time he thought that he had finally found that distance between them; Massaki would prove him wrong again. There was nowhere he could run in this world that this man would not follow him to.

"I just need you to behave yourself and be a good boy." Massaki swiped his thumb across the bruise that had blossomed on Yuki's cheekbone.

"It is now." Yuki rasped. "If you've bought over my contract, then I fully intend to fulfil my obligation. And I won't let anyone touch a single hair on your head."

"Oh?" Massaki let out in amusement raising an eyebrow. "But you did shoot me, did you not? Should we let that transgression pass then?"

As Yuki gazed defiantly at the other male, he was almost sure he would pay for his sins with his body.