Chapter 20: Love and Behold

The days passed without event. He had not been called to Feifeng's side in about two days. They had kept him locked up in a small room, tethered to his bed by a chain that linked to the manacle around his ankle.

Yuki was frustrated, being cooped up on a room, with meals served to him daily but none of his vices. He had been lying in bed when the door opened, causing him to bolt upright and towards the entrance.

"How long do you intend to ke-" Before he could finish his sentence, the newcomer had lashed a resounding slap across his cheek, stunning him slightly.

Yuki could feel his blood pressure spike infinitesimally before a cold calm spread over him and he retaliated with a brutal backhand. He may be bad in a professional fist fight but he could pack quite the punch.

The force of the blow knocked the other off balance with a cry of pain. The assassin stared down and realised that it was no more than a young and rather pretty looking male who shrank into himself and looked up at him with pitiful eyes. A trail of red steadily made its way down the right corner of his mouth.

"Shit." Yuki ran a hand through his hair. "Are you alright? I'm sorry I-"

"Why did Feifeng bring you back? You're not pretty and gentle. You're just a whore with bloodstained hands!" For someone who has just been hit real hard, he had quite the energy to scream at Yuki who took a step back in horror. "I'm the only one Master Feifeng needs. Not you."

"Ran!" Yue rushed into the room and immediately understood the situation, taking Ran into his arms before looking accusingly at Yuki. "How dare you!"

"He hit me first." Yuki said stiffly without emotion.

"Feifeng wants to see you." The new voice was vaguely familiar. He had heard it somewhere before. And he could have sworn he knew that face.

But of course, that was the face of Kia. He looked again. Wait, there was something different about him. He looked like Kia but Yuki knew Kia, and the vibe was just wrong.

"Kai!" Ran flung himself at the Kia doppelgänger and sobbed. "He hit me the bitch hit me!"

The assassin snapped and attempted to lunge at the other, forgetting that he was chained to the bed and fell back when he tugged too hard at the restraint. "Fuck. Call me a bitch or whore one more time, I'll fill you up with enough bullets to sink an elephant." Yuki snarled.

"Go to your room Ran." I'll get Mei to fix you up." Ran nodded at Kai before running off. Yue gave him another dirty look before chasing after Ran.

"Hands." Kai ordered and Yuki reluctantly clasped his hands together behind his back where they were fastened together tightly with a think cable tie.

Once his wrists were secured, Kai pulled him to his feet and led him to Feifeng's room.

"Is Kai even your real name?" Yuki asked curiously.

"Yes. Since you are associated with Massaki, you must have met my twin, hence the question." Kai said without a hint of interest.

Yuki wanted to press further but they had arrived at the huge double doors with a large and ornate Phoenix engraved into the wood. Kai pushed against the heavy doors and pulled the assassin in before bowing and taking his leave.

"What do you want with me now?" Yuki said imperiously, causing Feifeng to glower at him.

He was seated in an ornate one-seated. Feifeng was dressed in a suit without the blazer and a crisp white shirt with its top button undone. His long silky hair had been brushed pulled over his left shoulder. Yuki felt bitter remembering that this was the man that had mercilessly cut his hair that took him years to grow. His hair was part of his beauty. But this man here, knew that and used it against him.