Chapter 8: Wind

Massaki unbuckled the gag and tossed it to a corner. The assassin gasped for air, cringing slightly as with every breath he took, the wounds on his back seemed to open, sharp bouts of pain jarring him lightly. 

"Why would I look for you?" Yuki retorted, almost spitting.

"Is that really how you talk to someone who just saved you?" The crime lord raised an eyebrow as he sat down beside the male, lighting a cigarette and touched it to the assassin's lips.

Yuki took a long drag and exhaled slowly, before looking at the older man.

"I didn't need your saving." He said bluntly, blue eyes defiant.

"Well, in that case why don't I throw you back out to the sharks? They'll come on faster. There's already blood in the water." The older male leaned over and released the handcuffs from the clip mechanism on the wall and pulled the assassin to his feet.

Blue eyes widened as the slender male was jerked to his feet. He did not want to go back out there after what had happened. He was a deadly assassin no doubt, but his body was already under a strain from the pain, the male was not sure how much more he could take. He clung onto the older man's suit when Massaki tried to lead him out.

"I.. I don't want to go back out there." Yuki hated the sound of defeat in his voice and could not bear to look into the other man's eyes, keeping them fixated on his suit instead.

The crime lord merely smiled and sat the smaller male back down onto the couch. He rummaged around in the cupboard and fished out a first aid kit. Grabbing the assassin's wrists, he removed the handcuffs but only to replace them with bandages. He wrapped the end of the bandage securely to a ring on the armrest of the couch, so that the slender male on his front, exposing his bloodied back to Massaki. He look out a pair of tweezers and began to pick out the shards of glass that had been embedded in Yuki's skin when he was swept off the bar top. The longhaired male jerked slightly when he felt a dull tug followed by excruciating pain that burned under his skin. Yuki bit his lower lip, willing himself not to cry out and look like a weakling, drawing small drops of blood. The sting from the antiseptic began to subside as Massaki wrapped bandages around his wounds neatly.

"They're probably going to leave scars." He commented, letting the assassin up and tossing the used bandages aside.

Yuki sat up wincing, clutching his bruised ribs. He snatched the other man's cigarette and inhaled. Stubbing it out, he got to his feet, swaying slightly. Massaki caught him before he fell, steadying him only to have the assassin slap his hand away sharply.

"I can manage." He said through gritted teeth.

A warm jacket was thrown around his shoulders before Yuki was swept off his feet by the older male.

"If you struggle and resist me again, I'm going to throw you out to Kyo again. This time it won't be only be your back that's scarred." Massaki threatened.

The assassin bit back his retort and lay against the crime lord's chest, clutching at his shirt when they exited the room. He cringed at the sound of whips on skin, and could almost feel the same sensation on his skin. His long dark hair hid most of the bandages that took him at midriff. People all around were murmuring at the duo, some looked at him with a hungry expression etched on their faces, like he was a savory morsel up for grabs.

Finally they made to Massaki's car and the man laid Yuki down on the passenger seat.

"Wait." Yuki looked up, his pale blue eyes like crystals in the light. "What about my bike?"

"I'll take care of that." The older male replied, slipping into the driver's seat and started the engine, watching as the slender male curl up in his seat. "You looked gorgeous tonight. I'm glad you liked the clothes."

Yuki remained silent as he watched the streets lamps that passed them, his brows furrowed. He hated that he had to depend on this man this much. That he had been injured to the extent he needed someone to see him home. It wasn't that he couldn't ride but the riding would put excessive stress on his injuries, which could aggravate them. The assassin had always been alone for most of the time that he could remember, and having someone to look out for him was a foreign game all together. It gave him a warm feeling but he knew that it was not possible between them. He was Yuki, Hibiscus, a commonplace assassin. No matter how good he was, he was still a killer. And the man was Kokusui Massaki, one of the greatest crime lords in the whole of Shinjuku, he came from a yakuza heritage, he could have all the riches and anyone that he desired. He was respected and feared, not in the same way as Yuki was feared. Above all, he was a man. He may be beautiful but he was still a male.

"Say something, will you?" Came the familiar sound of the older man's voice that had a subtle comforting feeling whenever he heard it.

"It hurts when I talk." The assassin replied, still taking on a cold tone even though he felt otherwise. He wanted to show like he cared, but he knew that he was only an assassin and Massakii might not be as concerned as he made him out to be.

As he continued watching the road, the assassin realized that they weren't going the right way.

"Where are we going?" He asked, sitting up a little straighter, wincing slightly as even the smallest of movements made his wounds hurt.

"To my apartment." Came the curt reply.

"I want to go home. My home. Not your apartment."

"My apartment will have to do for tonight. I'm not going to leave you alone with all these injuries."

Yuki opened his mouth but shut then decided to shut it, turning his attention back to the road, the remaining of the journey continued in silence. Once they drove into the underground car park, Massaki helped the younger male to his feet and led him into the apartment, sitting his down the same room that Yuki had first woken up in on the night that he had been raped by the crime lord. He breathed in the familiar smell of the sheets that had the faint scent of Massaki's cologne, and felt the same warm comfort in him again. There was a sinking feeling too as he knew this would not last and soon he would be overtaken by the older man's new and younger muse.

Massaki came back with a glass of milk and aspirin. He settled down beside the male and handed it to the assassin.

"It'll help with the pain." He said as Yuki took both items from him gratefully and down the milk to wash down the pills.

He leaned into the slender male and pressed his lips to the other's own. Pale blue eyes widened before they relaxed as he leaned into the kiss, craving for more. The older man thrust his tongue into Yuki's mouth, exploring as he pushed the male lightly on the chest, careful not to hit any of his bruised ribs, and into the bed. The assassin's own hand was fisted into sheets, trying to gain control of himself. He pulled back from Massaki, panting slightly, his cheeks flushed.

"You belong to me." Massaki  smirked lightly as he stepped out of the room leaving Yuki alone.

The older man returned, only find that the aspirin's drowsy attributes had kicked in and the young assassin was already asleep. He shut the sliding door with a click and left for his own room.

Massaki awoke the next morning and once he was done suiting up for work, he checked in on the assassin only to find sheets that had been slept in but there was no sign of the male. So he had got away after all. The crime lord's lips curled as he headed down to his car that was waiting for him.

"Good morning, Kokusui-sama." His chauffeur greeted as the car drove onto the road in the direction of his next meeting.

The male watched the roads and the people that he past, only to notice all that dark hair and the slender body that streaked past his car. Yuki was like the wind that was ever so elusive. He had got away the night before but this only meant that Massaki could look forward to tracking him down again.