Chapter 30: Pray, tell.

Yuki stirred lightly when the thin sliver of light hit him in the face from the gap in the curtains. Letting out a small groan, he sat up slowly, not wanting to experience the terrible sense of vertigo that his anaemia brought about. The bed was empty save for the signs that someone had slept in them the night before.

Giving his eyes a small rub as if he could rub his sleepiness off, Yuki headed to the bathroom. There was a lot he had to do today. As part of his morning routine, he brushes his teeth and took a long shower, taking his time to brush the tangles from his hair. The dark coloured strands were now a considerable length, falling like a ink coloured curtain halfway down his back.

He was hardly a morning person but the coffee that Massaki had left in the brewer smelled too good to resist. It was probably better than washing down alcohol on an empty stomach; something that he had grown accustomed to since he left Massaki. The bitter taste of the coffee felt refreshing as opposed to the burn of liquor.

Picking up his phone that had been laid out nicely on the bar top along with other personal miscellaneous items. There was a card key and car keys to one of the cars that Massaki had parked in the basement of his building. Yuki rolled his eyes when he caught sight of the car keys. It was just like Massaki to throw around his wealth. Not that Yuki didn't have the same kind of spending power, but more of a fact that he chose not to just so that he would fall under the radar.

Scrolling through the numbers he made a short phone call to Mugen. Yuki was great with a sniper rifle and Mugen was his equivalent when it came to hacking and working his way around the digital stratosphere. There was nothing that he couldn't solve. Or at least, nothing yet.

"Mugen. I need you to check out something for me."

He could almost hear the laughter in Mugen's voice. "You're back with him, aren't you?"

Yuki paused for a moment, wondering how was it possible that Mugen knew. "You're tracking my cell again?" He chided.

"Yeah, Chaos made me. He was afraid that this would happen and I told him it was only a matter of time."

Yuki made a indignant sound.

"He was just looking out for you that's all. I've only got a few minutes, I've got a delivery to make. What is it that renders a call from the great Yuki?"