Day of the Great Devourer

(Kai's Pov)

"Y/n, we've got to go. Now!" I shout.

She only sits on the ground, and stares at where our Sensei last stood. "Cmon! If you stay, you'll die! Don't let his sacrifice be in vain!" I reason, yanking on her limp arm.

Suddenly, her eyes turn a dark black.

"No. Not until that innocent people eater is dead!" She shouts. I shake my head, but not before she runs toward the gigantic snake like a maniac.

"Stop!"

"Come back!"

" Are you crazy?!" Everyone shouted.

She takes off and charges towards the vicious creature. She shoots ice by her feet, creating an ice bridge, leading up. Using her free hand, she shot fire at the eyes, making it squirm in discomfort.

Cole grabs my arm, and I'm pulled back to the Bounty. "No! We can't leave her!" Jay shouts. I agree, and look over the railings as we're lifting off. She continuously shoots different elements as she fights off the giant serpent.

Nya and Lloyd work the ship as Jay watches the monitor. She jumps on the back of the snake, and Spinjitzus her way up the neck. She yells in combat and uses the blades of her fans to strike the neck. The snake roars in pain, as I shout for Y/n.

She momentarily distracts it, as we fly further away. "Nya, we need to slow down! We have to wait for her!" I shout.

"We can't! If we do, we'll all be taken!" She replies with regret in her voice. Nya kept driving even though Zane and I pleaded for them to turn around.

But Y/n would. She would've turned around in a heartbeat for us.

When I turned back around, I saw the snake quickly gaining on us, but no sight of Y/n. Oh god. Where is she?!

All of a sudden, a hand reached up in front of me, and a body was flipped on board. Y/n had jumped onto the flying ship, and pulled herself over the rails.

Her mask was still over her head, but I could see her tired, closed eyes. She was violently breathing, which was a good sign. Right?

Zane came up next to me, as he shook her around. "Y/n! Are you alright? What were you thinking?!" He shouted at her with great concern.

He reached up to pull off her mask, and wore a deeply worried face.

She didn't answer, and barely cracked her eyes open. "Wha............what happened? W-Where's Sensei? We defeated Pythor, right?" She dazily asked.

Zane and I exchange worried glances, as she tries to sit up. "N-No.....not exactly......." Zane replied.

"The Great Devourer......is it still..... you know?"

"No....Y/n watch out!"

She turned around to see what the danger was, when she laid eyes on the big snake. "AHH!" She shouted as Nya harshly turned the ship.

When the Bounty finally regained its straight position, she stands up. "We didn't stop Pythor?!"

I sadly shook my head, and looked down. "That means....." she said with a shaky breath.

Zane slowly nodded. "No....no..."

"I'm so sorry......" Zane said while walking up to embrace her. Her wide eyes turned misty, as she didn't react to anything said or done. It seemed like the only thing that she could focus on was her own thoughts. She didn't even flinch to Zane giving her a warm hug, which made me squirm with discomfort.