Sawamura D. || Dadchi

word count: 336

Daichi felt his back aching as he dragged his heavy legs back home. After a long day of work, all he wanted to do was get home, maybe sip on a warm cup of tea and snuggle with you all night.

When he opened the door, the last thing he expected was to be greeted by a banner with his high school nickname plastered in large block letters.

'DADCHI'.

His eyes fell on you, grinning widely under the banner although a glint of nervousness shimmered in your eyes as you fiddled your thumbs.

"Welcome home," you smiled.

He raised a brow in confusion, unsure what was happening. As he closed the door behind him, walking up to you to greet you with a soft peck on your lips, he asked, "What's up with the banner?"

"Do you like it?" you asked, your eyes sparkling.

He chuckled lightly. "Well, I haven't heard that nickname since I graduated from Karasuno. It's nostalgic. But why did you print it on a banner?"

You blinked at just how dense he was. Giggling, you told him, "Ah, I guess I still suck at announcements huh?"

He furrowed his brows upon your words.

With the largest grin you could muster, you shared the news, "Daichi, I'm pregnant."

It was like a wave of cold air and then, pure warmth. From inside, Daichi felt happiness surging from within, his eyes watering at your statement.

"I-I'm going to be a-a dad?"

You nodded excitedly, tears swelling up your eyes too.

"I'M GOING TO BE A DAD!"

And like that, you felt yourself being lifted off the ground in Daichi's gorgeous arms, swinging you around as you laughed. He kept repeating those words, as if he was still trying to comprehend it, because he was.

When he told his old teammates about the exciting news, it was no surprise they revived his nickname again. But Daichi couldn't care less, because there was truly nothing better than being a father to your child.

____________________________

a/n

daichi as a dad? get me on board pls