Iwaizumi H. || Flowers

word count: 724

Aoba Johsai just finished their final match for that day and won by a pretty good margin. They were satisfied with their win and excited to move on to the second day, although most of them were tired and looking forward to just going back.

"Iwa-chan~," Oikawa called his best friend, who was packing his things up by the side of the gym. Iwaizumi looked up in acknowledgment.

"I'm going to go meet my fans for awhile, okay?" Oikawa said, pointing outside.

There was a group of squealing fangirls awaiting the setter's arrival, all prepared with presents in their hands. It was a common thing during their matches – after the first day, the Oikawa fans would wait outside the gym to tell him he did an amazing job, take pictures with him and give him all sorts of gifts from cookies to flowers.

Iwaizumi replied, "Don't be late, Trashykawa."

"Stop calling me that~!" Oikawa scolded, before setting off to get his free stuff.

Iwaizumi was just finished packing up his things and stood up to leave, when a voice stopped him.

"Um, excuse me, Iwaizumi-san," you called rather shyly.

He turned to see you before him looking nervous, biting your lip as you tried your best to keep your cool. He had seen you before in school and thought you were pretty cute, and he wondered what you needed, but when he saw a single rose in your hand, he grunted internally.

Iwaizumi sighed. Must be another one of Shittykawa's fans.

He pointed towards the exit and said, "Oikawa is outside there."

You narrowed your brows at his sentence, rather confused, until you realized what he meant. He must have thought you were one of Oikawa's fan. He was about to take another step before you stop him, "Hang on."

You mustered up the courage to hand him the flower. "This is for you," you said, blushing a little.

Iwaizumi looked confused, wide eyed at the situation.

You explained, "I thought you were brilliant during the game and um, yea. So, here."

This time, it was Iwaizumi that blushed. He took the flower from your hand and stifled out an awkward, "T-thank you."

You smiled a little at the sight. Iwaizumi was your senior at Seijoh who had always looked like he had everything under control. He was strong, manly and powerful – and seeing his soft side before you, somehow made you crush on him even more.

"No worries. I, um, I'll see you at school," you said before happily skipping away, glad you had braved yourself to do what you wanted.

And Iwaizumi was left frozen for just a moment.

~X•X•X~

The teacher dismissed your class, signifying the end of yet another school day. As you picked up your bags and walked out the door, ready to leave, you heard your name being called by a familiar voice.

"(L/n)-chan~!" Oikawa called you from the hallway. He was standing beside what looked like a nervous Iwaizumi, who was hiding something behind his back. He was blushing too, and you could see a little sweat trickling down the sides of his face.

"Iwa-chan has something to say to you!" Oikawa said, pushing his best friend towards your direction.

"Um, (l/n)-san," Iwaizumi nervously began, biting his lip and pausing for a long while. You looked at him confused, unsure what he wanted, but you were getting nervous too.

Suddenly, he revealed the thing in his hand that he had been holding behind his back – a bouquet of roses. He handed them to you, his arm looking stiff as he did.

You felt the slow red tint appearing on your face.

"These are for you!" he exclaimed, a little panicky.

You thought this sight of him was adorable. Slowly, you took the flowers from him, eyes glistening as you stared into his soul. You calmly replied, "Thank you."

A soft smile crept on Iwaizumi's lips. Just then, Oikawa elbowed his best friend and gave him a knowing look.

Iwaizumi took a deep breath. As he scratched the back of his neck, he asked you, "Um, so, would you like to go out with me sometime?"

You grinned wide, feeling enthusiastic by the question. You didn't have to think much. It was simple.

Just a simple, "Yes."

______________________________

a/n

iwa-channnn omagah
he is gorgeous and ripped af and omf just take mE PLS

ALSO I TURNED THIS INTO A BOOK SO GO CHECK IT OUT LOL