Akaashi K. || Dense

word count: 777

"You are the densest person I have ever met!" you scolded in frustration, getting up from the park bench and preparing to leave.

You had pulled your best friend Akaashi on a park bench for a chat, telling him about what had happened that day. Kuroo, the captain of the Nekoma volleyball team had flirted with you, and even asked you out.

You knew fairly well the answer to that question. It was no. It would always be no, because your heart belonged to the boy before you – the one with messy black hair and a monotonous voice. You had always wanted to tell him how you felt, and Bokuto encouraged you to do so as well, but you were afraid.

You tried to hint to Akaashi about your feelings, and since you, Akaashi and Bokuto were always spending time together, Bokuto even acted as your wingman, but Akaashi never seemed to understand.

Even now, you were trying to get some kind of reaction from him by telling him about what had happened between you and Kuroo.

"Are you mad at me?" Akaashi asked, confused. He stood up to reach your height.

You laughed, "Of course."

Akaashi narrowed his brows at you. He couldn't understand why you kept asking for his opinion in your potential relationship with another man. It hurt him so much, after all. "I don't understand. Because I didn't give you an answer?"

You screamed, "Yes!"

Akaashi clenched his fists in frustration, but breathed, trying to stay calm. He replied, "It's your life. If you want to date Kuroo-san, go ahead. Why should my opinion matter to you?"

"It just does!" you yell in frustration.

Akaashi was still unsure, "But why?"

You ran your fingers through your hair, stressed out by the situation and explained, "I don't want to date Kuroo-san."

Akashi shrugged, "Then do what you want. I don't care."

Your heart was hurting. "I want you to care."

"Why?" he asked, finally feeling frustrated.

"Jeez, you dense shit, it's because I like you!"

Akaashi grew silent, almost terrified of your words. Your teeth were clenched and your face had turned red, although you yourself were unsure whether it was due to anger or embarrassment. The both of you had a hard time breathing.

"What did you say?" he asked, voice lowered.

You sat back down on the far end of the bench and covered your face in embarrassment and frustration. You had begun to regret everything.

"I like you. God, I am such an idiot. I just ruined our friendship, didn't I?"

Akaashi sat too, confused and speechless. He couldn't look at you. His eyes were darted to the floor as he tried to process the information he had just received.

"I'm sorry Akaashi, but I think I've always liked you, from the moment you saved me from that flying volleyball. I just – I can't help it. I'm so sorry."

You noticed Akaashi's speechlessness, and so you told him, "You uh, don't have to say anything. I'll just go."

You got up and were about to leave when he stood up and captured your arm, stopping you from advancing any further. You turned and asked, "What?"

Akaashi couldn't speak. He didn't know what to say. How do you tell someone you've felt the same way about them, that they meant the world to you, that every breathing moment you have you spent thinking of them. How do you use words to describe your emotions, feelings, all of that?

You rolled your eyes, "If you're just gonna scold me, do it already. Just go ahead, tell me I was selfish and I ruined everything and now we have to decide which of us gets to keep Bokuto-san."

"Shut up."

It was all Akaashi managed to say before doing the one thing he never thought he would ever muster the courage to do. He pulled you towards him and captured your lips in a soft yet passionate kiss.

You were initially shocked by the situation, but eventually, you calmed yourself down, holding his face and reciprocating the kiss. Your lips moved in sync with his and as you continued, it felt like both of your insides could explode.

When he pulled away, you couldn't help but laugh.

"What?" Akaashi asked.

"Not bad for your first kiss."

Akaashi glared at you, "Shut up."

You grinned, "Let's do that again."

Akaashi smiled too, widely this time, unable to control his feelings before doing it again. This time you both took control, allowing the moment to pass in ease and strong emotion.

And just like that, you had never felt so alive.

______________________________

a/n

um akaashi keiji is actually so beautiful i cANT