Prologue

Its dark, quiet

where am I? What am I doing?

         opening my eyes and taking in my surroundings. Where the hell am I? It looks like i'm in a very gross alleyway. slowly sitting up and shaking my legs a little, trying to get the feeling back in them.

Damn, I must have been here for a while. I stand, trying to get my bearings of standing again. I notice a dark blue back pack laying on the ground. I stumble towards it hoping there will be things inside that can tell me where the hell I am.

         I hastily unzip the bag and dig around inside. I found a small photo with a man, a woman, and a child that resembles me on it.

I observe the photo for a minute, trying to place who are the other people in the photo. I finally give up on it and dig around for more stuff.

I pull out a clip board, that has a compartment to hold extra paper. I pry open the clip board hoping there will be some useful information inside. There are bunch of research papers containing recurring words such as Shinra or mako.

             I notice a name at the top of some of the files Annabell. The last name seems to be crossed out.

I pull out the photo again looking it over. Am I Annabell or is the other woman Annabell. I flip the photo around and discover names written on the back. Annabell, (y/n), and Miles.

Well, Miles must be the man so now I just need to figure out which name is mine. shuffling threw the papers again I find another photo. This time of just me and the man named Miles. I flip this on around and find the name (Y/n).

           "Yes", I cheer loudly! suddenly I hear heavy footsteps, oh shit. I quickly put everything back. shoving it all in my backpack and throwing it on.

By the time I stand up the person is already in front of me. I follow the trail from the point of the sword they've got pointed at me to their face, Its a man, my eyes drift down taking in the rest of him.

The outfit he is wearing looks really familiar but I can't put my finger on it. The man must realize I'm not a threat cause he puts his rather large sword away.

        I take notice of his blonde spiky hair that resembles something that I also can't quite remember.
"Who are you", the man asks?

"um, I guess I'm (y/n)", I reply.

"You guess", he says, raising his eyebrows at me.

"yeah, I guess, hey your outfit looks really familiar could you look at this photo for me and tell me if you recognize any of the people in it".

I pull out the photo from my back and thrust my arm out towards the blonde stranger. He looks at me questioningly before complying.

"Sorry kid, I can't say that I know any of these people", he hands back the photo.

              I sigh, taking back the photo. The man begins to walk away, "wait", I shout running to catch up.

"Please you can't leave me out here", I grab his arm trying to stop him.

He yanks his arm away, looking back at me with an annoyed expression.
"Don't you have some other people you can bother", he questions.

I look down, he's right, its not fair of me to request that of him.

I hear him sigh, "tell you what, I'll help you find whoever it is you need to find".

"Really", I look back up at him in excitement. He doesn't say anything just turns around and starts walk again. Only this time I follow him.

      "So, whats your name", I ask.

He sighs again, "Cloud".

Hmm Cloud, weird I like it.

"Well, Cloud you should know that I lost all of my memories and have no idea where to start", I quickly walk ahead to avoid what comes next.

"Wait, what".