The Alleyway & The Realization

Chapter Eight, Part Two

Scar's POV

I was a complete mess. My knuckles were bloody, my hair looked like a birds nest and I was covered in sweat. So attractive. Not to mention I ached everywhere.

Maxxie looked down at me and just shook his head. His forehead crinkling in worry. "It's not good for you to train this hard, BUT I think that you'll be more than ready for the comp this Saturday."

The thing with Maxxie was that he was the closest thing to a family for me but he was also my manager so he had to be hard on me. It only made me love him more and it was bad of me.

Because Maxxie was my weakness, he was the only one that held a place in my heart and they would find out. If he got hurt it would be all my fault and I couldn't live with myself.

I hadn’t even told him the whole truth and I knew as soon as he found out that he would tell me to leave and to never come back.

Don't get me wrong Maxxie is smoking hot but I didn't see him in an intimate way, he was my guardian figure. On impulse I jumped up and gave him a huge bear hug.

 "I love you Maxxie." He kissed the top of my head "I love you too kiddo." I gave him one last squeeze and let go.

"I'm going to head home now so I'll see you tomorrow." He waved me off and now I was by myself. Giving me plenty of time to think.

I was probably going to apologize tomorrow. The pressure had been getting to me and I felt trapped which I hated. It wasn't Trey or Cade I was mad at, I was mad at myself.

I was pulling the keys out of my bag when someone caught my attention, I couldn't see his face and his hood was up but the way he held himself was familiar.

He turned into an alleyway, I couldn't resist. Hey people say that curiosity killed the cat but I was no cat. The alleyway was empty by the time I got there, disappointment flushed through me.

There were too many side streets that it would be a wild goose chase. I was insane! I didn't even know if I knew the guy. Why did it even matter? Sighing I thought things couldn't get much worse.

That's why I was mad at myself. I was making weird decisions to follow guys in alleyways and two irrelevant high school boys were muddling my mind. I wasn't in control and it wasn't a nice feeling.

I was about to step out on the street when a loud bang came from behind me. I wasn't sure if it was a gunshot or just someone slamming something really hard but rapid footsteps were approaching and I knew I had to hide.

I almost laughed out loud. How cliché? A fricken dumpster, this was definitely not my day. I quickly jumped up and over the lid and landed with a thump on something squishy. Maybe I should have just risked it and run?

The smell alone made me gag and I refused to look at what I was sitting on. The footsteps were almost at my hiding place and for a second my heart stopped and all I could hear was the blood pounding through my ears.

Whoever they were had they found me?I was in the rough part of town and there were a lot of nut cases around. It hit me like a ton of bricks.

How could I have forgotten THEY had a lot of contacts everywhere around the world and maybe the guy in the hood was one of them? To lure me here and then do god knows what?

My breath was coming out in short and labored pants and it took so much concentration to keep on breathing. Why had I been given this cruel, twiste- a loud vibrating sound bounced around me and a large indent had been made into the side of the dumpster.