Fight Club

Chapter Five

I followed Drew to his office and ignored the dirty looks coming from the jerk-off and his friends.

"Well you're in but you were before I saw that little stunt anyway, Maxxie has told me a lot about him raising you and your fighting past. Least to say I'm impressed, I hope I get to know you better during your stay."

He smiled warmly at me, he reminded me of... No Scar don't think about that, I mentally cursed myself I didn't need to have a breakdown in front of a large group of people already judging me.

 I put up a fake smile "Yeah I think that I'm going to like it here, I'll just go warm up a bit. If you see Maxxie please tell him I'm here and thank you."

I don't know how much time passed but I was having so much fun and I met a few guys that were alright and cool to practice my fighting techniques on.

 "Scar, what's the point of me asking you to come to train with ME if you're practically half dead?" I looked up from the floor and saw a pretty pissed off Maxxie.

"Eh my principle Mr.D called me to his office and I couldn't be stuffed to go back to class so here I am. Plus you shouldn’t have given me the address anyway”.

 I waved goodbye to Dave? Jake? I don't know. I grabbed my stuff and headed out to the car park, with a very sulky Maxxie behind me.

"I'm letting you off today but we have a comp this weekend so you need to strengthen up. Tomorrow.Same time. “I yelled at his back "Love you too, Maxxie!"

Looking at my phone I just had enough time to get to school and attend my detention. Out of character for me but I was already off to a bad start- didn’t want to make Mr. D more mad.

My mind wandered and Cade's face appeared; it was something about that boy. It's not like I knew him or trusted him but he had this certain aura that was compelling; not like I was going to find out.

By this time I was close to my detention room when I heard some noises. Listening closer I followed the noises towards a supply closet, "Oh God! Trey!" moaning and banging could be heard.

Stepping back horrified I turned on my heel and ran. That was horrible!  I started banging my head against the closest locker.

Get out! Out! I wasn’t a virgin but I really did not enjoy hearing other people get it on. 

"You right there?" I didn't need to turn around to know that it was Cade.

"No, no I'm not. I just heard some people have sex or something in a closet. My venerable ears!"

 "I'm pretty it wasn't that bad," I started imitating the girl moaning the guy’s name and Cade was crying with laughter. Abruptly he stopped laughing and made wide eyes.

Standing behind me was not only the supposed 'IT' boy but Larissa and Mr.D. Clearing my throat I raised my eyebrow waiting for someone to break the silence.

Mr.D looking in pain stiffly put out "Follow me to detention, NOW!" We all stepped in line behind him, unfortunately Larissa latched onto Cade's arm and I was stuck with captain ass-wipe.

 "Any reason you were moaning my name?" I stopped walking and just stared at him, he was looking at me waiting for my answer.

 I tried I really did but I just couldn't stop the laughter that bubbled over.

"I don't see anything that's funny about this situation! Stop laughing." This just made me laugh harder; poor baby isn't used to not getting his way.

"You-you’ re Trey?"I was calming down slightly "Yeah I am and I want to know why a basket case like you was moaning my name."

Okay I hated this guy, he was such an ass! I ignored him and stepped into the room ahead of him waiting for this torture to end.

**************************************************************************************************************

Throwing my bag down on the bed, I collapsed. This was an extremely exhausting day and I just wanted to sleep and so that's what I did.

I woke up and saw it was dark. Great now I have a stiff neck. I made my way slowly towards the kitchen and started making myself a bowl of cereal, best thing for midnight hunger.

It was strange living on my own. I usually lived with Maxxie but he had his girlfriend Sarah now and it would just be awkward.

She was nice but for some unknown reason I sort of hated her.From my point of view she was taking Maxxie away from me.

He was the closest thing I had to family and I really didn’t want to lose that. What happen if he had a kid? I would become nobody to him.

These thoughts were always swirling around in my head. I distanced myself from people because I didn’t want to get hurt yet here I was worrying that one day I might be left alone.

I was staring out into the forest and could see animals crawling through the trees and slithering on the ground. I looked away- the forest gave me an eerie feeling.

I nearly dropped my bowl when something smashed against my door. When I saw what was on my door step I nearly threw up.

On the doorstep was what I thought were the remains of a small animal. There was so much blood.

It was seeping through the cracks in the path and blood streaked down the door.

I would have stayed there forever if the rustling in the bushes hadn't snapped me out of my trance.

I wish I had seen something so I could kill the bastard; it I couldn’t tell if it had been done by a human or and animal.

I was leaning towards human, what animal would be able to through something at my door?

I couldn't deal with the mess right now I was suddenly tired again. The images of the smeared blood were going through my mind.

My hands started to shake and I counted in my head till 10 till I was relatively calm.

The black box in my head started to shake and it took all my will power for it not to burst open. I quickly changed and fell into a restless night of never-ending nightmares.

*********************************************************************************************************************