Disappearance

Chapter Ten

You would think after the events last night, the storm and the fact that Cade only slept across the hall from me would have kept me up all night or had a series of nightmares.

But last night was the best sleep I had gotten in ages. Previously I would have thought it was because Cade was here and he made my safe. Yeah right. Cade and safe didn't belong in the same sentence together anymore.

Cade was a lot deeper and darker than I thought he was I had underestimated him.  I was never going to make that mistake again. I hadn't imagined the blood, I knew I hadn't. But this, this was too much to comprehend.

What was I supposed to do? I couldn't out right ask him, he might kill me or he would do that whole thing like you're crazy and last night shook you up; and then he would know that I knew something was going on.

I was not buying into that crap anymore. Okay. I'll act normal get him the hell out of my house and then the only time I have to ever see him again is when we're both surrounded by people.

Totally safe.

I pressed my ear to the door and was satisfied when I couldn't hear any movement out there, opening the lock I stepped out into the hall way and it became apparent that Cade wasn't in the room.

The corridor stretched before me. I may be acting overdramatic but weird stuff like that just doesn't happen to be. Apart from my street fighting career and my past, my life is relatively normal.

Loud sounds were receding from the kitchen. Lots of banging and clashing things together. He was looking for something! A knife! He was going to kill me!

Stealthily I opened the door and stuck my head round. Not what I had been expecting. Floor, egg, water and other various food ingredients lay everywhere.  Cade stood in the middle looking out of place, drenched in an assortment of things.

Yeah something freaky had happened last night, but I was never getting answers not now at least, so I locked it in the back of my mind to be revisited much, much later.

 I couldn't help it, he looked so pathetic and adorable with his pouty face. I laughed so much that I had to clutch my sides and stop from rolling on the ground.

Something wet was thrown over me and my laughing stopped immediately. "Did you just pour milk over my head?" Now our roles were reversed, but he literally was on the ground laughing.

Okay that's it! I strode over to the counter and picked up a bowl that I think was an attempt at pancakes, scooped a massive handful of it and mushed it through his hair.

"You’re asking for it now!" Cade tackled me to the floor and held me down while he poured food all over me, eventually I got him off and the fight became more intense.

We were both crying with laughter and had spoons and bowls as weapons. Sadly the food ran out. The fridge, the pantry and even the freezer were empty.

 I lay panting on the floor trying to get my breath back. A hand came into my line of vision and I graciously accepted it. "Well that's one hell of a wake up call. What were you doing in here?"

A light pink colour doused his cheeks. Awww! "I wanted to make breakfast you know? For a thank you for letting me stay here and stuff."

"I was hardly going to make you sit out in the storm. Right, I'm going to go have a shower and then we'll head to Starbucks for breakfast and you might want a new change of clothes..." I trailed off looking at his ruined outfit.

"Probably a good idea. Meet in like 10 minutes." Ten minutes. I was a girl. It took me at least 15 minutes to shower. He can sit it out anyway, maybe I could force him to clean.