Chapter 7

"The Devil Dog isn't real." Ciel said, and the villagers murmered amongst themselves; mocking us, and accusing us of lying, of course.

"It's true; Barrymore simply staged the whole thing to keep his status here in Houndsworth. There never was a Devil Dog." I said, as Lucifer smirked while he held up the skull of an animal.

I honestly wasn't sure what animal it was, as I hadn't gotten a good look at it, but I'm assuming it was a dog.

"He used this to feign a dog's teeth marks, and used this stuff to make the glowing trails along the roads." Ciel explained to them, and one woman raised an eyebrow.

"How do you know?" she asked, and Sebastian brandished a scrap of cloth, showing it off as he wved it in front of him.

"This was found in James' dog's mouth after he died," Ciel said, and I grinned.

"Ciel and I, both having come from the city, know much about cloth and it's fibres; this was very..." I struggled to find the right words.

"Well made cloth." Ciel said, filling in my words, or lack thereof. I nodded.

"There is only one who could possibly afford such cloth in this village; Barrymore." Lucifer said, his monotone making it that much more believable.

"Barrymore found out James had a sixth dog-" Ciel began.

"Still the dumbest rule I've ever heard of."  I interrupted.

"-And confronted James. He refused to give it away or sell it." Ciel finished, rolling his eyes at my comment.

Barrymore then chose the perfect time to come storming out of his house.

"You lot are still here! Leave. The Devil Dog has warned us-" he was cut off by his villagers glaring at him, shouting profanities and crowding around him.

"You killed James." that was all that was said, but his eyes widened and he ran. I smirked, knowing they'd catch up with them eventually, and then turned to the others.

"C'mon, let's go find the dog." I said, and Ciel gave me a confused look.

"Hadn't we already established that there wasn't a Devil Dog?" he asked, and I grinned.

"In a sense. What we actually know is that there isn't a Devil Dog that serves the Barrymore family. All we have to do now is find the one who did the howling." I said, grinning as his eyes widened.

"So there's actually...?" he trailed off, and I nodded.

"Yep. Somewhere around." I said, calling Baskerville forth. As I've been training, he's able to materialize wherever I want now. He grew from the shadows in front of me, and I smiled when he gave me the 'what do I have to do?' look.

"Smell that?" I asked, and he twitched in response.

"Fetch." I said, and he was off. We followed after him, and soon found a... a dude. A dude with silver hair that was naked as a Jay bird.

Baskerville whimpered and rolled around, swiping at his eyes with his paws. He disappeared with a whine, and I laughed, then realized...

"I'm not looking, I swear to God!" I exclaimed, covering my eyes. I heard Lucifer facepalm, and laughed.

"I mean it, I'm not gonna have anything to do with this, thank you very much. Either Lucifer or Sebastian deals with this." I said, "Preferably Sebastian, 'cause I don't need Lucifer to have that guy's scent on him." Sebastian chuckled lightly.

"Very well." he said, and I heard his footsteps as he went towards the guy. Eventually, they began fighting, the dude now transformed into a huge ass white dog.

Sebastian used the carrot and stick method, as he called it, and did some...thing...and he... okay, so he won in the end, making a crater in the ground. They didn't come back up from the bottom until we felt rumbling, and water gushed out. I then blinked.

"Oh yeah, this was supposed to be a resort, wasn't it?" I asked, and Ciel nodded with a smirk.

"Good, at least this'll save me a bunch of energymanipulating or conjuring water or something." I said, and Lucifer nodded.

"It's hot." he pointed out, and it was then we noticed as well.

"Awesome, it's a hot spring too!" I grinned as Sebastian jumped down and lay the -now human- 'Devil Dog' at Ciel's feet.

"Wht shall I do with him?" Sebastian asked, brushing the white strands of hair off of his black jacket. I grinned as I saw Ciel's smirk.

"Get him dressed and put him in a room; we're taking him back to the manor."

To say Sebastian was surprised was the understatement of the millenium.

___________________________

Hey guys, sorry it's so short, I have no idea why it is -_-

It felt like a fuckload of writing, only to add up to 700+ words. I'll just go cry now.

Tell me whatcha think?

~Anna

FAN

VOTE

COMMENT