Chapter 13

"Stop." I said suddenly, and everyone froze at the tone of my voice.

"Problem?" the Doctor asked, and I nodded, sniffing around.

"Problem," I replied. "The moon isn't supposed to smell like this, is it, Lucifer?" I asked, and he shrugged.

"Never been, so I can't help you." 

"Fudging useless demon servant." I grumbled, then turned to Courtney with a grin.

"Nevermind, go ahead, just be careful, okay?" I asked, and she nodded, the smile returning to her face as she hopped out of the TARDIS, landing on the moon gently.

"Whoa. One small thing for a thing. One enormous thing for a thingy thing." she said, and I giggled.

"One small step for man, one enormous step for mankind." I corrected, and she smiled at me, nodding.

"Yeah, that."

"So much for history." Clara muttered, making me turn to her and shrug.

"Whatcha gonna do?" I asked, and she returned it with a 'meh' face, making my grin widen slightly as I continued after Courtney. She continued, and I grew edgier by the second. Only when the Doctor grabbed my arm and I almost flipped him did I relax as Clara showed me that I was making the others nervous.

"Sorry, I just... Something seems off to me. I can't... I can't seem to pinpoint what it is, but it smells like children. In the least pedophile-y way possible." I said, making Clara facepalm at Courtney's raised eyebrow.

"I'm serious, it smells like... like a baby. An infant...? No, too mild. I blinked, then looked down and concentrated.

My eyes widened as I looked at the Doctor.

"We have to go." I muttered, grabbing them all and teleporting to the TARDIS. She refused to move, and I groaned.

"Come on, girl, you know I can't do this, not now." the machine made a swooshing noise, and I snarled.

"God damnit, I can't!" I said, but she simply didn't reply.

"Kuroi. Kuroi!" the Doctor called, Looking up at him, I bit my lip nervously.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. But... we can't stay here. The moon is about to be obliterated." 

--TIMESKIP--

"What. The hell." Coutney said, and I sighed, explaining it again.

"The moon never was just a thing. Well it always was, of course, but not the kind of thing that' s just a thing, the moon is a thingy thing, with all those things on it as well." I said, and the Doctor's eyes were wide the whole time.

Clara sighed, exasperated, and asked me to explain again, clearer this time. I gave her a sheepish grin and started again.

"Right now, and possibly since forever, the moon is and was an egg." I said bluntly. Upon seeing their flabbergasted looks, I smirked and elaborated.

"Right now, under the surface of the moon, is a fetus of sorts. It's a baby, it's not been born yet, and it's egg is the moon." I said, and the Doctor stood suddenly, leaning off of his post by the TARDIS console.

"That's why it smelled like a baby to you?" Courtney asked, and I nodded.

"That's not the smell I was picking up, it was the soul. Damn, I've gotta work on telling the difference. But it was pure, so I guess my senses assumed the smell that would go with a pure soul would be a baby, so my nose sort of made me think that was what it was." I said, and she nodded, slowly understanding.

"But then that would mean that..." the Doctor had been mumbling to himself all this time, and had suddenly come to stand in front of me, looking me straight in the eye for confirmation. He frowned, and I looked away, but nodded.

"All the empty space suits and shuttled scattered about. Someone's been here, adn they've been taken out by something." I confirmed, and he sighed, then got a familiar hardness in his eyes and looked away.

"I can't help you." he said, and I blinked. What?

"What?" Clara asked the question that I was just thinking.

"It's a prokaryotic unicellular life form, with non-chromosomal DNA. Which, as you and me know. Well, not you and me. Well, you, certainly not. Me and scientists know; this is a germ. The Earth, as it's position in the sky indicated, flew because that one point three billion tonnes shifted. It moved. It's an unstable mass." he said, and I shook my head,  beginning to understand what he was saying.

"Either way, it's here because of the moon's condition." He said, and I nodded.

"But I have to tell you this; if you let the creature iv'e, there is the chance that the hatching of the moon would end up killing us all, or we could go back somehow and ignore all this every happened.

"No. Doctor, don't do this." I grit out, and he shook his head again, firmly this time, and I snarled under my breathe.

"Clara. Plug this into the TARDIS monitor, will you? Since the Time Lord can't help, the Noblesse will have to do." I said, throwing my version of the sonic screwdriver at her. She bit her lip, looking from me to the Doctor, but nodded anyway and stuck it in the slot. Soon, I was looking at a bunch of numbers. The Doctor raised an eyebrow.

"What're you doing?" he asked, and I glanced at him from the corner of my eye before continuing.

"Hacking the Earth."

___________________________________________________________

Sorry Not Sorry.

Tell me whatcha think? :3

~Anna

FAN

VOTE

COMMENT