chatper 8

<<Laneys POV>>

I sat quietly on my bunk bed. It was currently 1 am and I wasn't tired at all. My phone vibrated slightly and I looked down at it. Michaels name in the contact.

(from Michael)
Hey I saw your phone lights, can't sleep?

(To Mikey)
No :(

(From Michael)
Wanna hang out in the lounge room?

I quickly replied yes and pulled the covers off of my body. I didn't want to wake up anyone so i carefully placed my feet on the floor not making any noise. I looked to the side and he was doing the same smiling at me. As soon as the two of us made it into the lounge he closed the door and turned to me.

"So whatcha wanna do?" He asked. I think he was glad he could finally he louder.

"Umm I don't know. Watch a movie?" Michael nodded and went to a stash of movies picking out zombie land then asking if it was okay. Of course I said yes because the movie was funny.

We began watching the movie sitting side by side. For some reason I couldn't think about the movie at all. All I could think about was the stupid boy next to me who kept looking at me every once in a while.

"Are you okay?" Finally one of us said something, Michael.

"Oh, yeah. I'm good. Just thinking I guess."

"Do you want to talk about it? I mean both of us have seen this movie so it wouldn't matter if we talked over it."

"I don't know. There's just something I don't want to mess up and if I do I don't know where I would go because I can't be my myself at home without someone to watch over me." I couldn't say it. Couldn't say I wanted to be with him. I looked down at my hands.

"Why aren't you allowed to be somewhere without someone watching over you?" Michael cared, he cared a lot and I could hear it in his voice. I didn't know if I could tell him this but I feel like I can trust him.

"I tired to kill myself." I've never actually said those words out loud, everyone had always said that for me.

"Why?" I hadn't noticed my hand was shaking until he took it in his own. It was comforting with our fingers laced together, I didn't want him to ever let go.

"A lot was going on at that time. My mom died. I was really close to her so I guess I wanted to be with her again." I couldn't look at him. My cheeks were now covered in tears. He brought my head up by moving my chin with his finger gently. His eyes were teary, one barely visible because he hair covered it.

"Wow. I'm so sorry. No one should ever have to go through this, especially you. You because you're a beautiful young girl who has a while live ahead of you. You should live your live for her and not ending it because of her. Your mom wouldn't like that." I didn't know what happened after that. Our bodies were close, our hands still laced together.

I kissed him. Leaned in and kissed him. I should have stopped myself because I couldn't do this. He did the one thing I thought he wouldn't do. I thought he would push me away. He kissed me back. His pink lips were slightly chapped and now that I was closer to him I could smell him, a smell I never wanted to forget. A bad thought made its way into my brain and I cut off our kiss. Cut off the only thing that made me not think of my sadness and only think of everything good happening around me.

"I'm sorry. I can't do this..." I was back crying again. I don't know why. I guess I just wanted to cry.

"Please. Laney, don't do this. Don't push me away now. Did you not feel what that kiss just felt like?" His eyes met mine and his his was small, pleading.

"If we do that again then I won't get to see you again. I don't want that happening."

"We can hide. be together in the bus. Come one they're our friends and they won't say anything. Please." His eyes stared into mine trying to find an answer.

"Fine. But even if my dad thinks anything of us we have to stop." As soon as I spoke 'fine' his eyes lit up and he smiled. He grabbed my face and kissed me again. Kissed me long and then let go leaving the taste of his lips on mine wishing they were still there.

"He won't; we'll be careful."

_____________

_____________________

ITS HAPPENING NOBODY PANIC
JUST KIDDING THE FEELS
FEEL FREE TO CRY
CRY WITH ME
CAUSE MICAEL