chapter 7

<<Laneys POV>>

The sun went through the bus and just had to land on where my head was peacefully sleeping. I groggily woke up with one of the Hughes head aches and, frankly, I didn't want to talk to anyone; I just wanted food. With that though I drug my body, which was covered in batman fuzzy pajama pants and a solid black shirt, into the small kitchen that our tiny tour bus held. We had nothing. It's stupid living with 4 boys who just eat all the food they possibly can and leave me with nothing.
"You're up early." I heard from behind me. I turned around from digging into the pantry to see a Calum standing in front of me with a small smile.
"it's the Suns fault. Woke me up."
"Well me and Mikey are going to starbucks for coffee and maybe some food as soon as we find one. It won't be hard though cause they're everywhere." As soon as Calum asked Michaels brightly colored head popped out with his face looking at his phone. Of course I nodded to Calum because I was currently starving and my white girl craving was coming out.
Our bus driver told us we had only 15 minutes until the next starbucks, the 3 of us nodded and sat on the couches awkwardly exchanging glances.
"Wait, so you didn't know who we, or one direction, was until your dad made you come along on the tour?" Calum asked breaking the silence even though I wanted it there if it was going to be broken by something like that.
"Yeah... I guess... I mean I've heard of you like from my best friend and people from my school talk about you guys a lot I just never got into it until now-"
"You like us?" Michael asked loudly.
"Yeah, I actually do. Your band has a lot of good songs and you don't act like stupid pop stars." I explained to them.
"Oh, no honey. I'm not a pop star; I'm punk rock." Michael slapped his fingers really not wanting to hear that.
"No you're not." Calum almost screamed at the colored hair boy.
"Yes, Calum, I am!" Michael pouted. I wanted to support him telling him he kinda was but he was still cuddly and the Cutest person and feeling why. I couldn't feel the was I wanted to to him cause of my dad. If I screw this up with my dad I don't even know where I will go cause I can't be home because my dad is scared I'll try to kill myself again. I had told him I'm better now but he won't trust me.
"Laney, you okay?" I soon learned I zoned out for a bit too long because of the two boys staring at me. Michael had my attention by his hand on my thigh, near my knee. Maybe one day he would be able to push it forward, towards me- wait I can't think about that.
"Oh, sorry. I was thinking. just ignore me." in about 3 minutes the bus driver called us as we made our way outside.
Soon my skin touched the cool, still air outside. I made the poor decision of just wearing a PTV band shirt and skinny jeans.
"Do you want my other hoodie? it's just inside on the couch, I'll grab it. stay there!" Michael talked for 2 seconds and ran back in leaving only a trace of his cologne. Soon his bright hair appeared from the door with a black pull over hoodie and he handed it to me with a small smile held on his face. "For you, beautiful."
I hadn't even noticed while he was gone my body wrapped itself trying to gain warmth while waiting to see his face again. I smiled taking the hoodie and pulled it over my head, making it easy because of my messy pony tail. "Thank you, Michael." I blushed but hopefully turned around quickly enough for him not to see and walked toward the starbucks where Cal had ready made his way in.
Inside was warmer, but mostly because of the god die that smelled of Michael, and smelled of coffee. I quickly ordered my drink as Michael slipped up behind me putting his hand on the bottom of my back, not on the butt but not far up enough for my stomach not to get butterflies. He ordered where his head was close to him and I could feel his breath, but just barely. I focused so much on him that I couldn't get out the words to tell him that he didn't need to pay for me.
The bus driver told us not to take long with our stop because we had to stay on track and the one direction bus was ahead by a lot. As soon as our drinks reached the counter we were out the door into the cold. As we walked our hands would sway, touching for a second but going in the opposite direction. What I wanted so bad was to his his hand while we walked, but I couldn't. couldn't mess this trip up.

---
___________________

Hey guys. I haven't updated in forever and I'm sorry this sucks...
thanks for reading though!!