chapter 11

<<laney's pov>>

"Help me!" Michael screamed through the bus. I swear, he is a child and can't do anything by himself.

"What the hell do you want, stupid?" I ask as soon as I pop my head into the small bathroom door of the bus.

"Help me dye my hair?" Michael gives me huge puppy eyes when he turns around to me meet. I then look at his faded bleached hair and brown roots.

"Okay, I'll try. Don't be mad at me if it gets wrecked. I dyed my hair once like 4 years ago." I picked up the box of hair dye in my hands. Apparently he is planning to go darkish blue, which I think would suit him very well. Well, let's be honest here. He could pull off any color.

"Oh!! let's dye your hair too!! please? please? please?? We could match!!"

"I'm not dying my hair! that scares me! I'll mess it up!" I shake my hair laughing.

"Come on babe! just like a strip or the ends of your hair!" Michael now had puppy eyes and his bottom lip curled down.

"Okay, fine. But if you screw it up I'll-"

"Screw me." Michael winked and laughed really loud.

After about of 15 minutes of arguing over if my hair was getting died over not I decided to color the bottom half of my hair with the same blue Michael was using to color his whole head. I swear, the more times he dies his hair the less he has of it.

We sat in a line. I sat closely behind Michael in criss cross with my knees touching the bottom of his back getting my gloves on to die his hair. Maggie sat in the back of me sitting on her knees which I find very uncomfortable and painful but she sits this way all the time without complaining. Guess it works for her. Maggie tied up the half of my hair in a bun. This bun looked very weird. It reminded me of when we were seven and tried to do each other's hair and would end up getting so tangled we couldn't get the hair piece. We would scream at my mom downstairs to help us. I miss my mom. Now she can't even help me get a simple ponytail out.

First thing to dying your hair any bright color is to bleach it. So that's what we did first. We put the bleach for your hair in tiny squeeze bottle and lightly spread it. At first it was really cold and the tip of the squeeze bottle ticked against the back of my neck. Michael didn't seem to be bothered by this. I guess he was just used to it by now. Dying his hair was just natural to him.

Now it was time to wait. We had to wait 15 minutes until we could put the color in and I could see it slowly working on Michael hair and mine through the mirror.

"Okay, we have 5 minutes left. Let's do something for 5 minutes before the timer goes off!" Michael yelled at me.

"Like what?" I ask.

"5 Minute dance party." Michael looked serious and ran over to get his phone. He then put a playlist of all time low, pierce the veil, and many other bands really loud and we danced for the 5 minutes. Well, more of jumped around in a circle holding hands dance.

"Okay you piece of shits! Timers down time for color!" Maggie screamed over the music. Sometimes she could be really crude but I guess that's why we're friends. She's like the wild one who screams a lot and is good with people while I'm the quiet one who sits in the corner either listening to music or reading or both at the same time. I feel like us being best friends you get a great mix of everything.

It only took her once to say that and we ran to the back of the bus to finish our hair. We sat back in the way we had been before. Single file line. We filled up the other squeeze bottles with the dark blue/purplish liquid and covered our already bleached hair.

"Shit! My glove broke and now I'll have blue on my hands for the longest time!" Maggie's screams looking at her hands. Her right hand had a small tear on it letting in the dye soak to her hand.

"I do that all the time! It sucks!" Michael laughed at her.

I'm really glad my glove didn't break. I don't really want blue skin. Actually, that would be quite cool if you think about it...

"Ugh why did I get into this. Hold on, just one more spot on your hair and then I'm washing my hands!!" It took Maggie about 15 seconds to finish my hair and run off to the small kitchen the bus had.

"This looks really dark." I said to Michael who sat quietly in front of me like a little kid in the story circle who never spoke. He's cute.

"That's just cause it's wet. I'll lighten up. Then we could be that cute couple who matches!"

"Please don't make us that could who wears I'm hers and he's mine shirts. Those couples make me want to puke." I quickly made puking voices while he laughed at my comment.

"Nah, we'll match in cute punk rock ways like dying your hair blue. Not gross popular things." He laughed.

_________

_________________

______

Hey guys. So I figured out what my head problem is. I just have a block in my sinus cavities and an undeveloped part of my sinus cavity which I can't remember the name of. Ill have surgery soon to get that back to normal... thank you for all the great comments you left me. I love you guys.

ps. This took me a while to write cause my head hurts so much so sorry if it sucks.

I'll try to update soon. Thanks!
-Madison